new Penton chrome rims

Started by [email protected], September 03, 2011, 07:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

Hey guys,
Last weekend I had the pleasure to attend the 1st annual Yankee Reunion at Jim Hoellerich's farm in Chesire M.A.
What a place !! When we raced the 2003 ISDTRR there I had not taken the time to go down and look through his collection and museum. Man did I miss the mother load of bikes and memorabilia.

That was not even the best part. Being there for their first reunion and hearing the stories from John Taylor, Dick Mann,Joe Bolger, Don Cutler etc.. was a thrill.

Ed Youngblood has posted a great article already about the event as will Kevin from Trailrider and Ken Smith who came all the way from Australia for VMX magazine to cover this.
As I was about to leave a gentleman approached me to purchase two sets of chrome rims ( 18" & 21") per box. Both rims are drilled for 36 spokes and are still in the Penton boxes which were in excellent shape. The rims were wrapped in paper so to inspect them I needed to unroll a bit of paper to see the condition which was shiny brand new. I was going to use these for some of my Hodaka projects but thought to post here to see if anyone was interested for what these rims were made for a Penton. Because of the storm on Sunday I had to leave my trailer and a few of my bikes at Jim's farm until i can get back down sometime this coming week. The rims are safely locked into my trailer but I cannot give the correct width and send photos until they come back to Vermont and I can handle them.

I will be away from the shop this weekend but will be back late Sunday. If anyone is interested please call or email me at 802-375-0212 [email protected]

I hope this helps out someone doing a restoration and in need of these. Heck the boxes these rims came in are cool by themselves.
Thank you for the space and yes I am a POG member also :-)
Paul

G Ellis

Paul I would like a chance on these rims. I will give you a call.Later Gary Ellis  217 260 0237

Keith Meatyard

Paul, I left you an email and phone message this morning regarding the rims.  My number is 251 946-3308

Thanks,

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

checkcrew

Paul, hi,

great score, yes they will make someone a good find for their Penton resto, very nobel of you to offer them here !!!!

i like your statement - "yes, i am a POG member"

just to clear the air and not that it is a requirement ;)
But, how mant Pentons do you have in you vast stable of bikes ??

i myself have 2 Hoddies {did i say that [}:)]} - LOL -

thanks again,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

[email protected]

Hello guys,
Sorry for the delay getting back but we were out of town for a large event to do with our sausage compnay. The phone machine is flashing 18 messages so for you who left a message I promise to get back later today. The rims are still at Jim's inside my trailer. It may be Thursday before I can get there to pick them up along with my bikes. Somone had left a message about shouldered rims these were shoulderless though sorry. Thank you all for responding . I am sure thesae will go to a great home and help out a restoration for beautiful Penton !!
Mike at this time I do not own any Penton's but have owned a steel tanker and a Mint 400.There is barely enough room for the Hodaka's here right now. I will always be a POG member even though I may not own any. It is my way of supporting a great club and great brand that supported myself and Hodaka when we were honored by the AMA at Mid-Ohio in 2006. I do not forget my friends and some really great people came to our aid then plus shared information that made our Hodaka Days in 2006 at Mid-Ohio our best ever. Paul D, Al B , Ed Y etc..... thanks guys for believing !
Sincerely
Paul

[email protected]

Thanks guys for your patience. I did pick up my trailer at Jim's place late yesterday and am about to send out photos of the rims with a complete description. Gary I do not have your email address. Can you send that over so i can send you photos also?
Thank you
Paul

checkcrew

Paul,

OK, i guess a former owner of a Penton will do :-)))

we need to find one for you, i will keep an eye out and maybe by York 2012 something will come your way,
i am sure Paul Danik has an extra, hopefully one without a tree growing thru the frame - LOL -

OK, hope to see you at York in Jan. 2012

Quotequote:Originally posted by [email protected]

Hello guys,
Sorry for the delay getting back but we were out of town for a large event to do with our sausage compnay. The phone machine is flashing 18 messages so for you who left a message I promise to get back later today. The rims are still at Jim's inside my trailer. It may be Thursday before I can get there to pick them up along with my bikes. Somone had left a message about shouldered rims these were shoulderless though sorry. Thank you all for responding . I am sure thesae will go to a great home and help out a restoration for beautiful Penton !!
Mike at this time I do not own any Penton's but have owned a steel tanker and a Mint 400.There is barely enough room for the Hodaka's here right now. I will always be a POG member even though I may not own any. It is my way of supporting a great club and great brand that supported myself and Hodaka when we were honored by the AMA at Mid-Ohio in 2006. I do not forget my friends and some really great people came to our aid then plus shared information that made our Hodaka Days in 2006 at Mid-Ohio our best ever. Paul D, Al B , Ed Y etc..... thanks guys for believing !
Sincerely
Paul

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

[email protected]

Thanks Mike,
As you know Paul D does not let go of much :-) I will ask his wife Judy I am sure she would be happy to see one leave quietly.
See you in York !
Thanks
Paul

checkcrew

Paul,

i have a plan, we can paint one of your many Hodies green and swap it out with one of his Pentons, he will never know, shhhh :-)))

OK, York will be here sooner than we think, see ya there !!!

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]