Pipe ID for 77 175 Penton

Started by john durrill, April 23, 2002, 10:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Guys,
 Does anyone  have a 77 175 Penton. Either MC5 or the enduro model?
I have I pipe I am trying to identify. I need the head pipe diameter measured about 1 or so  inches in front of the flange that slips into the exhaust header. Measured at 90 Deg's to the stamping seam's. Just the OD.
thanks, John

Rocket

John
I have a 77 GS6 175.  I'll measure the pipe when I get home from work and post the size.  
I have a question, on the enduro pipe, the silencer is held on with 3 bolts and then in the end of the silencer, there is a 6mm stud that needs something, but I don't know what.  The parts book doesn't show anything.  I was wondering if this pipe had discs like a supertrapp.  Anybody know??
Rocket

john durrill

Thanks Rocket,
 the pipe i have is like new but only uses two mounts . has a pickle like scilencer on the end.

Rocket

John
Sorry it took so long to post back.  I just measured and the dimension is 42mm (1.655).  Sounds like you have a mx pipe if it has the smaller pickle on the end.  The enduro pipe stays the same size from the largest center section all the way to the silencer.  Then it has a huge silencer.  My pipe has just 2 mounts also, one at the front under the tank and one at the end of the pipe.  I just finished restoring my 77 175.  Do you have one?  If you do, does it have the lectron carb?
Rocket

john durrill

Thanks Rocket,
 I have a cylinder , head and pipe. If I told you what I was doing with them you would probably not speak to me again . chuckle chuckle
I just ordered a 30 mm Lectron for it and it was shipped yesterday.
if you have the pipe off sometime  I would very much like to know the size of the center section and the distance from the header flange to the center section. I really wanted an enduro pipe but this was all I could get at the time. will send you some picks of the project when we get done and see what you think.
 thanks for your help . I didn't know if I had a 125 pipe or a 175 pipe.
 the one we have is the same head pipe dimension as yours. its a lot smaller than the head pipe on a 72/75 175.
 does your 77 use the same head gasket as the 72/75 engine? I have several of those.
John

Rocket

John
I sent you a couple of pictures of my 77 175 so maybe you can tell what an enduro pipe looks like on an original bike.  Hopefully you can see enough of the pipe.
Rocket