Barber

Started by thrownchain, September 25, 2011, 09:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Who all's headed to Barber? Will the POG have a set up there?

brian kirby

Even though I gripe about the lame MX parking lot...err...track every year, I still go because the rest of the facility is world class, the CC course is good and its only 2 hours away. I have heard the swap meet is pretty good too, while not as good as VMD, but I never make it over there so I dont know personally.

Brian
Brian

Dwight Rudder

I will be there Friday and early Saturday but I can't hang aroung for the Cross Country races. I have a modern Enduro that weekend in S. Miss.  I will probably be hanging some around the Ossa display in the swap meet. I will be pit riding on my Ossa SDR.
Dwight

thrownchain

Since this might be my one and only chance to make the trip, I'm going down early and I'm going to spend a couple of days just at the museum. Then I can take my time with the races and the swapmeet. May even head down and get my toes wet in the Gulf.

seanguthrie

This will be my first trip to Barber and can't wait.  A group of us from Indy are leaving Thursday night.  I'll be racing MX and CC on my Penton.

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Mike Hufnagel

I hope to go. Depends on my ride down there and how many bikes/people go down with us. If I only take one bike, I'll do the vintage cc with the Penton. If I take 2 bikes, it's the trials with the TY and pv cc with the IT.  I'd like to take all 3 but with trials followed almost immediatly by vintage cc and the pv cc, I need a little bit of rest in between events.    And if I don't go, it's a 2 day trials event in Tenn. the weekend before. Can't afford both.       Even though the swap meet is a lot smaller, I found more stuff at Barber than I have at MidOhio.       CC start was in the far corner of the mx track but the year before was at the top of the hill set back in the woods a bit.

74 Yamaha TY 250
75 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
82 KTM 495 (2)
98 KTM 300mxc
00 KTM Duke 2
06 KTM 950 Adv.
08 Suzuki DR70Z
\\\'12 Husaberg TE300
74 Penton Wassels
74 Yamaha TY 250
77 Yamaha TY 175
74 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
77 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Café replica
81 Ktm mx 495
12 Ktm RC8R
04 Honda xr 100
06 KTM 950 Adv.

Gene Saunders

My wife and I will make it to Barber Friday evening. I will get up early and ride trials. I will ride my first loop, then finish signing up and tech my cross country bikes. Then go back out and finish the trials. I will take my time so am not too tired to race CC. Then it's off to race vintage CC. I will try to learn the coarse so the PV CC will be a brezze. After the PV CC I will rest up for the drive home on Sunday, smiling all the way home!!!