Off subject-Thanksgiving

Started by Steve Minor, November 23, 2011, 02:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

I hope that all of you have a great and safe Thanksgiving. Times are not good for everyone right now, so please give thanks for the things you do have and pray for those who are struggling. If you are travelling, be safe....I've lost too many friends this year.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

DKWRACER

Steve, your post does have more, to offer... Holidays often strike,  with a special meaning... Some are not so fortunate as we are, in that respect, I consider myself to be be in a very lucky position. How did, or how does this happen? Perhaps to be in the right place at the right time, stars in alignment, or just luck in general, or maybe even destiny............ The net result, runs in many different directions.....Under feelings, do have values, and those values, are reflected in our passions that always find a way to resolve..The very fact that we are here today, confirms that what we do colletivley, is not something to be ashamed-of...It remains to be a "matter" of the heart, and a moment to be cherished forever............
while my guitar, gently wheeps, and my Penton, mine Forever!

HH. Tom
Thomas Brosius

Don Roth

Well, my guitar gently weeps, but my Pentons gently ooze lubricants all over my garage floor, which is what I am thankful for.

My childhood memories of Thanksgiving always involved fixing/maintaining grandma's jalopy, seems she saved up all of her troubles and drove them to our house, so every year, into the garage went her 1964 Ford Custom, six cylinder stick, oil change, brakes/plugs/filters/grease and emerged ready for another year of use, good times and great education, thanks Dad and Grandma.

Remembering what makes us smile is the key to today, be it family or loved ones, or these old two stroke beauties.
Happy Tday to all.

turkey icon here.

Jeff D

A day to pause and be thankful for all we have, even if it isn't as much as we'd like, as much as we used to have, or whatever.  We still live in a great land and the things we are able to do here, especially with our leisure time, aren't even possible in other parts of the world.  Our glass is half full!
If you are of the praying persuasion (I am!) please take a moment to lift up the Leimbach and Penton families as they prepare to lay our hero, Dane, to rest this weekend.
Happy Thanksgiving!  God bless you all.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

chicagojerry

again, at thanksgiving i pause to ponder my many blessings. i just got off the phone with my elderly mother and i am grateful to still be able to talk to her. i am still gainfully employed at a great job and my health and my childens health and even my grand-childens' health are all good. i have made wonderful friends all over the country through my vintage racing endeavors and its good to have that too. despite some set-backs this year, i have MUCH to be grateful for (especially my wife).   God is good to me, and i hope that He is good to each of you too.   happy thanksgivng     chi jer

Mick Milakovic

The bird is done (22# for four of us!) and now 3 generations of Milakovics have used my father-in-law's recipe; it's classic!  I'll call my brothers today, pray for the safe tenure of my daughters in the military, and be thankful for a life that has been touched by so many good people.  Thank you POG, for all you do and thank you all for who are.  Happy Thanksgiving, and see you all soon,

Mick
Mick

clayman

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow POGers!

We have a lot to be thankful for. God has blessed us and this is a day to remember just what He has done for us as our providor.

Even though I lost my good, high paying job this year, I am still thankful for what I have that God has blessed me with, a roof over my head, a good running truck, food on the table. Although I had to sell my Penton and my 1974 Kawasaki KX 450:(, I still have my 1969 CZ 360 and 2005 Yamaha YZ 250 and still get to ride!:)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Clay

tomale

I am thankful for each and every one of you. The last few years have been really tough for the Green family, Between the major financial set backs the lost of love ones during the holidays, it would be easy to say bah humbug. This year we are doing better and I am thankful for that as well. The POG group is a place of joy in the midst of struggles. I enjoy my time here. For all those struggling more than I, I am praying for you that The God of all comfort, comfort you and cover you with His peace and grace. To the rest I wish you the best this Holiday season. I got to go, my son and his new wife just showed up and I want to spend some time with them.  Keep looking up.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Lew Mayer

Lots to be thankful for, for sure. Not the least of which is this great group here. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer