lectron carb

Started by p3mn256, November 27, 2011, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p3mn256

what size lectron should be on a 76   250 mc 5 ?  36 or 38

i think its a 38 but the post for the floats is broken where it comes out of the body.  can't seem to find a replacement.

anyone have one ?

steve barber
steve barber

G Ellis

I use 36mm Lectron on mine. I have a new 38mm Lectron. Might have a used 38mm body.
 Later Gary

p3mn256

i'll check size today and get back with you.  thanks steve

steve barber
steve barber

skiracer

Hey Gary, Do you have any 34mm Lectrons?  James

Quotequote:Originally posted by G Ellis

I use 36mm Lectron on mine. I have a new 38mm Lectron. Might have a used 38mm body.
 Later Gary

1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

doncw

Hi Steve, it is not hard to replace the towers on a carb body. Just drill, pin with small dowel and devcon them on. If the tower is missing use a small aluminum dowel and drill and file as necessary.
The towers usually get broken when trying to drive the pin out without supporting the towers and the pin is corroded  or the pin only goes one way. ( I always guess wrong)
If you really want a new body I might have a 36 mostly complete. let me know. Cheers DG  
Quotequote:Originally posted by p3mn256

what size lectron should be on a 76   250 mc 5 ?  36 or 38

i think its a 38 but the post for the floats is broken where it comes out of the body.  can't seem to find a replacement.

anyone have one ?

steve barber

p3mn256

i will double check what size it is and look at repairing your way.

will  get back with you   thanks steve

steve barber
steve barber

Dwight Rudder

It came with a 36mm Bing.  BUT, Mike(Don)Burgess and myself put a 34mm lectron on one and compared sister bikes (They used to come 2 to a crate.). The stock bike was brutally fast.  Hit hard and was difficult to control. Really not much fun.  We put a 34 lectron on the other because that is what he had in the shop (Competition Cycle Sales, Kenner, La.).  The bike was much more fun and controlable. LOTS more low end. But we all thought it was slower than the stock bike. UNTIL we did some roll on drag tests between the 2 bikes. On pavement, The bikes stayed side by side every time. The 34mm Lectron really smoothed out the power and also improved milage.  I suggest the 34mm.  Lectrons flow more CFM than even the 36mm Bing. That is why the bikes would stay side by side in the Drag races.

p3mn256

i finally checked mine it's a 38.  i'd like to try the 34 that dwight recommended. could even try the 36  anyone have one 34 or 36.

thanks steve

steve barber
steve barber

SouthRider

Check with Helmut "Speedy" Clausen in Canada. He is a Lectron dealer.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

p3mn256

thanks i didnt know that   :)

steve barber
steve barber