What's In Your Barn?

Started by Mick Milakovic, January 09, 2012, 10:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Not the same as "What did you do to your Penton today" or "What's In Your Garage" at the POG meetings, but if you're like me you've probably got a lot of stuff hanging around the garage/barn that's, well, different?  

I found this moose skull and antler walking the woods of "The Quetico" wilderness canoe area of Ontario:

What'cha got?

Mick
Mick

Dwight Rudder

I've only got 71 motorcycles. Can you say "Obsessive Compulsive Disorter" ?   LOL

Kip Kern

I wouldn't get too detailed as thieves may be monitoring this site!!!!!!  People will do anything for a dollar,:(

Gordon Brennan

Mick,
Any chance you could email a picture showing the whole head and antlers connected?
That is a wonderful find! I have bowhunted Ontario many times for moose. It is my favorite place. But I have never even found a dropped antler.
[email protected]

Mark P

Moose are incredible animals. I remember the first time I saw one in the wild(Wasatch Mountains Utah). They're huge.

Mick Milakovic

Gordon, I'll line them up and take pictures, but they are from different animals.  My brother was walking ahead of me and stepped over the antler and when I saw it I shreaked and he almost fell over!  The skull was found with a mostly decayed carcass, and it had broken ribs and missing parts; I can only assume bears and other critters had crushed bones and chewed him up!  

Mark, my first encounter was fishing the Rainy River in Ontario, and I was in a bay when I heard this crashing in the woods.  It was a moose coming through the Alders to feed on the Lillys and weeds of the bay.  Well, he was 80 yards away and no threat, until he started wading in, getting closer and closer, until he was only about 40 yards away and barely belly deep.  I looked down in the water and could see the bottom, so I surrendered the bay to his majesty!

Mick
Mick

hankthecrank

Mick, the first time I saw a moose in Canada was in 1986 at a lake called Bloom Lake. We thought it was a huge boulder in this little cove until it picked its head up. It was feeding on plants on the bottom with its head underwater. We left it alone.  

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Bob Bean

While riding a ISDE qualifer out in Washington State, I had 3-4 HUGE Moose crash thru the brush right in front of me and the bike ahead of me.    Talk about your heart rate going up !  Those things were BIG !
 All I could think about was, what if they had came thru 2 seconds later !

Bob

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1970 125 Six Day
1973 100 Berkshire
1973 Jackpiner 175
1974 Penton 250 Harescrambler
1976 Husky 250CR
1981 Husky 250CR
1982 Husky 250CR
1985 Husky 400WRX
1985 Husky 400WR
1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

OhioTed

I think I'm on the same page as DR as far as the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.  Only my hang-up is with JUNK.  I recently created a loft space in my barn, offering fully 1/2 of the square footage for storage.  Then came the task of sorting through my junk to reorganize everything into the new space.  Out of several tons of stuff, all that I threw away could have fit into a shoe box.  I just couldn't part with anything!  

Guess I've spent too many years with little to nothing.  In my eyes, everything has value.  Plus, if I throw something away and then end up having to go out and buy that something, even years later, I just kick myself.

Mick Milakovic

Ted, how about a picture of some of the interesting "junk"?!

Mick
Mick

checkcrew

my house is my barn :-))))

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

thrownchain

Having had the chance to see Mike's house/ garage/ museum, it is impressive to say the least.

Mick Milakovic

This is "one-eye Bill", a Missouri Rainbow Trout that someone left in my rental home a few years back.  He's made a couple of moves with use, albeit with a couple injuries, but I can't throw him away (just like Ted).  He's about 26" long.

Mick
Mick

Mick Milakovic

Put in a wood-burner this summer, doesn't do great for the entire barn, but stand in front for a couple minutes warming the toes and fingers, then back to work!  I'm finding myself spending a lot more time in the barn working on the Jackpiner project and a Hodaka Ace pit bike for next year!

Mick
Mick

tomale

I have a "few" bikes but not nearly as much as so many others. If my non believer friends ask I simple direct them to their own closet and then ask them if they own more than one pair of shoes. Most give me that deer in he headlight looks but I don't care[8D] but what alarms me is the junk that I have collected too, most of it has something to do with the bikes I own but not all of it. I consider it part of the fall out.:D

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W