2012 AHRMA NE XC Racing -Updated

Started by tooclose racing, December 25, 2011, 08:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

Merry Christmas to all of my fellow Penton Racer Men, Women, boys, and girls! While I'm still waiting for my family to wake up on a cold, crispy morning up here by The Lake, I found this update in my mail from our NE race coordinator, Dave Kutskel:

Ok, so we have our final date for the 2012 cross country season. Add April 28th to your calendar's. We will return to Wild Ride near Philipsburg Pa to kick off our season. We have over 70 extra acres to use for this race which should make for an outstanding coarse.
So if you have both Vintage & PV cross country bikes you could participate in 10 races in the region. If you don't, you still could race in 9 events in our region.  We will once again be manning a booth at the York swap meet so anyone with a cross country question, feel free to stop by and ask away!

Mama mia! TEN XC race events in the NE/NA, which includes the Unadilla National.  Merry Christmas indeed.  I'm telling ya - we are producing some Really Fast Old Guys up here in the land of Fracking.  Now...if I could just get 22 mpg instead of 12 mpg going to these things....

dennis brown

will the regional in northeast be at the same weekend as a 2 day national in mississippi?

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

tooclose racing

Without looking -that scenario is entirely possible.  Remember that our NE race organizers are somewhat at the mercy of race track owners in terms of available dates.  Having said that, I'm sure it is at least considered before making commitments - but we've had conflicts before.

Merry Christmas!  

thrownchain

But on the same idea, not many racers in the N.E. Would travel to Mississippi to race. Bob I'll see you at Unadilla if not before

fastwillie8568

Can tooclose racing provide me a little more info on the race on April 28 or any other race in this area i live in Youngstown ohio the close the better for races for me any info is useful. thanks

tooclose racing

I have received a couple of schedules from the NE team that list XC racing.  Wierd - there are some differences, but I'm sure these will get ironed out.  Email me at [email protected] and I will send them to you.

Otherwise - be sure and watch the website.  It hasn't been updated yet, but that should happen soon:

http://ahrma-northatlantic.org/Schedule.html