Diamond Don's Sign-up and Scoring

Started by Tim Grow, April 13, 2012, 09:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Grow

Gentlemen and Ladies,
For the POG members participating in the AHRMA Cross Country at Diamond Don's in Texas, we wanted to give everyone a heads-up on the sign-up and scoring processes.  Our goal with this is to provide a quick and correctly scored race as all the riders have come to expect.  Please allow me to first comment on the sign-up process:
-   Regardless of whether you have pre-entered or are signing-up the day of the race, a rider must still register for the race.  Indeed, that will include "another line to have to stand-and-wait?"   Yes.  Please do it.  In the absence of your doing so, you will not be "registered-to-race".....and you will not be scored.  
-   Yes, you will need an AHRMA transponder.  They are $10 and you can keep them affixed to the underside of your helmet's duckbill till the next race or under your pillow like Dave Lamberth has shared.   We will "rent" transponders, too; they are $10 and we will refund the cost after the PV race is completed.  Again though, no transponder means....you will not be scored.
-   Multiple transponders: Don't do it.  If you happen to run another series' transponder, remove it prior to practice or racing, please.  Failing to do so defaults the scoring system!  That means all the efficiencies associated with the e-scoring are eliminated.  What follows is a minimum of 2-hours of time to hand-score the race is required ....and the offending party is easily identified for prosecution.  Any offender's motorcycle, without discussion, will be forfeited to Chi'-Jerry if it's of Austrian descent.  All other makes are surrendered to me; ask anybody, I really need parts.
-   Check your registration status prior to the race! – We will post the riders within their respective registered-class, approximately 1-hour prior to the start of the first-race.  If you are not on the posted list as a rider, you don't exist.  You will not be scored.
-   We will have "signage" in the sign-up area indicating the process and respective "lines to stand in".  
Scoring Process:
-   Unregistered participants making their way onto the course in practice or the race events will result in the rider's removal and the same forfeiture described above.  Again, I really do need parts.
-   Riding a PV-bike in vintage-practice or vice-versa is forbidden.  Period.  
-   Would that a rider "line-up" on the wrong-line, he or she will suffer the penalties and consequences outlined in the AHRMA rules.  Unfortunately for Jerry and I.....no bikes or parts with this one, though.
Please accept my apologies in advance as this would appear as a combination of "preaching to the choir" and a scolding.  Guys, it's not.  This is a big-event and the effort is to spread the word to the riders who don't regularly race Cross Country events or the "new rider" on the process.  So please, spread the word...and if you can help a fellow ride, especially a new-rider, with prep, fuel, gear-up.....and the sign-up procedure, we all win.
Also, we'll be doing sign-up Thursday.  It will likely be early evening.
If any questions on the above, shoot me an email, please.
Thank you all for helping and spreading the word!
Tim & Polly

chicagojerry

leaving fort DD"S right now with amherst paul busick. another adventure under way      [8D]     chi jer