that tail light looks like it would be from one of your NSU's [8D]

cool bike award for sure !!!

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

nsujeff

Hi Mike,
That taillight is very similar to other German/Austrian bikes, probably off the KTM Komet made by ZKW. I have one to put on my '68 V148  steel tanker.
 Jeff

Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio
Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio

checkcrew

Hey jeff,

yes a believe you are correct on the Komet, it will be a pleasure to see your 68 when it is done !!

i am trying to pull out all the stops to get the funds to bid on this one but it probably won't happen :-((( - oh well,

take care,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

joe novak

Nice 68 Berkshire!   Enough said....  joe

Tom Murphy

I see someone has a bid in on this. If anyone here is pursuing and needs help with pickup or storage, it is only a few miles from my house:). Tom
Tom Murphy
\\\'73 250 Hare Scrambler
\\\'74 250 Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 125 six day
\\\'73 Berkshire 100
\\\'74 125 six day
\\\'74 Mint 400
\\\'74 Maico 440
\\\'72 Mudlark
\\\'81 RM125
\\\'82 RM250

joe novak

Just checked Ebay....two bids.  High bid at $5100 and 20 min. to go.  This is going to be interesting.

rob w

Bidder #1 was probably relieved he did'nt get stuck with it.

Paul Danik

Jeff,

As soon as I saw that tail light I knew it looked familiar, I have a box of lights that came from a part time early Penton dealer many years ago, sure enough one of those tail lights is in the box.

Tony John has a couple of pictures of the showroom of Kupec Cycle Sales in Butler, PA from 1968 showing a couple of Pentons on the floor, I almost positive that one of them is a Berkshire enduro, I will need to get that photo from Tony and see if the tail light is visible, and if it is a match to this light. If anyone else has any early photos and can match up that light it will be appreciated.

Paul