New Bing Carbs

Started by Greg Elliott, April 14, 2012, 03:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Elliott

Hello-is there a place to buy a new Bing carb? 36mm  Model 54.It is on a 250 and the brass is bad and slide worn...I could not find new on line only rebuild kits.Thanks in advance.  Greg E

Dale Sonnenschein

Greg, I had the same problem. I contacted Bing for parts. Most are available but just for a new slide was around $160.00 !! I bought a mikuni for $100.00. It takes some work to fit it but they say its worth it. I haven't ridden mine yet.

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Greg Elliott

Thanks for the info.Is there a dealer to get the Mikuni ? NOS or are they still being made?and who can get jetting specs?  Thanks. Greg

Dale Sonnenschein

I bought mine on ebay, it was 104.00 and they also had them prejetted for a little more. I just searched penton in ebay motors. I bought mine from weekend warriors, but I think there are others. Just look at the feedback and buy from a reputable seller.Also search here for mikuni carbs and you will find some info on fitting them.You will have to modify the air boot and the intake mounting. I used a 2 inch to 3 inch fernco fitting and modified my airboot. I shortened the carb by cutting the rear bell and I cut the intake manifold a little too.The mikuni is a little longer than the bing.Good luck, they say its worth it.

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
75 Penton 250
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Lew Mayer

Sudco supplies Mikuni carbs. Do a search on this board and you'll find info others guys have provided on jetting.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dale Fisher

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry