Mitch and his mag

Started by hankthecrank, January 26, 2012, 03:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hankthecrank

Does anyone know what has happened to Mitch Boehm and his Motorcycle Retro mag? I subscribed last year at VMD and have never received any mags, and his web page can't be found. I hope he's not in a money jam again. I have all the past issues and they are a quality product. Let me know if anyone has any news. Thanks.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

gooddirt

Just been on his web site ,  will be mailing out #6 in Feb.[?]

hankthecrank

Cool!!! Thanks for the info. I haven't been able to load his page. I guess its me and my computer,

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

auto

The best thing about that mag is a year subscription last four years!

gooddirt

A buddy of mine tracked down photos( took 8 years) of the Inter AM at Westlake Village  CA race in the issue with Joel on the cover. It comes from over 250 photos he bought for $30.00. He says Gray Baily is on Steel Tanker in some of the shots. ;)

OhioTed

Don't give up on Mitch, Hank.  I was in touch with him just last week.  Issue 6 will be mailed out any time now.  Please drop him a line if you wish to confirm your sub status, at:  [email protected].  Also, here's a link to his website:  http://www.motoretroillustrated.com/.

hankthecrank

Thanks Ted! I wasn't worried about Mitch not honoring his subs, any man that uses his house for collateral to publish a mag obviously believes in the project! I spent a fair amount of time sitting and talking with him at VMD and he rates at the top on my list. I did find his web page, my fault not my computer,. I was afraid in this economy that something bad , like a foreclosure, had happened to him. Thanks guys for all the input and checking on things.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Mark P

I found issue 6 in my P.O box this morning on my way to shift briefing. It features Suzuki 1968TM250 and their water cooled 750. Another great copy! Quickly has become one of my favorite things to read and keep!

hankthecrank

Whoooo Hoooo I got issue 6 in my mailbox yesterday! Awesome read! Thanks Mitch.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

wfopete

If you look in the back the " Last Page" Final Word column of issue #6, Mitch talks about the future of Moto Retro.  In short; it looks good for Moto Retro.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good