Hopetown reunion

Started by Lloyd Boland, August 06, 2012, 12:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Boland

I understand that there will be a reunion on 8/18/12 in Simi Valley.  I know this is a long way away for most of you guys, but some of the SoCal guys may have raced Hopetown in the past.  I understand Keith Mashburn (seen on "On Any Sunday" going through the fence at one of the flat track mile races) is putting it on. I believe this is the link: //www.hopetowngp.com  

I am planning on going and will give a report.

Hope everyone has a good summer.

socalmx

Look me up, I am planning on displaying my 72 Berkshire "desert racer".

Jeff D

Got this from the Trailblazers M/C newletter, courtesy of Dave Duarte:

HOPETOWN/CORRIGAVILLE CELEBRATION

Looking forward to the celebration of one of motorcycling's greatest race events. This is where we were introduced to MotoCross as it is today. It it started a revolution that honed riders and bikes of the highest calibre. What a show. What memories. Come to Simi Valley on Saturday, August 18th to enjoy the company, tall tales, heroes, food, display of MX bikes. There will be shade and food. Lots of riders from past and present.  2674 Westhills Ct.  Simi Valley. 11AM to 4PM
 Orange County Speedway. Meet at Mission at 5:00, leave close to 5:30. All participants will be given a free t-shirt before the ride.
The Main event will be the annual sidecar race in which the winner will receive the John Matherson Cup.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Lloyd Boland

Socalmx, I will look you up.  I did Hope Town once, I think 1973 give or take a year.  Running third with I think a little over a lap to go and the condensor wire came off my CZ right before the mud hole.  Still had a great time.  Had to qualify in the morning because there were so many entries and ran the finals in the afternoon.  Still great memories.

socalmx

See you then. It sounds like a fun event.

Lloyd Boland

Great event.  I hope pictures become available.  A couple of Berkshires, A wassel, dozen's and dozen's of very unique bikes. Faulta's 1974 center port CZ. Glad to meet socalmx also.  I hope this guy puts on another charity event.  I was a little rushed for time but would love to see these bikes again.