Mid-Ohio need tank

Started by seanguthrie, July 16, 2012, 10:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanguthrie

Does anyone have a MX tank I can borrow or buy that they could bring to Mid-Ohio?  I plan on running MX on my 250 but at Athen's Ohio I sprung a crack across the top of it.  I bought a 74 6 day CC tank but it does not seem to fit my frame.  Here is a picture of my bike.

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

checkcrew

Sean,

that 74 Six-Day tank should work,

if you can take a photo of both tanks side by side up-side down and post it here we will be able see the difference and give you an explanation,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

seanguthrie

Will do when I get home from work.  Thanks

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

SouthRider

Sean,

I bought an NOS tank a couple years ago that wouldn't fit. I had to carefully trim the "rib" or "flange" that runs down from the top of the tank and then across the bottom on both sides. It was too wide for the frame that I had at the front (top) of the tank, and was pushing it back on the frame.

I measured the width difference on my old tank, marked it with a sharpie, carefully cut it with a hacksaw, then sanded it smooth. Just be sure to leave enough material so you don't cut into the tank itself.

Fit like a glove after that.

Clark

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Kip Kern

I'll have some tanks at the swap that will work. Site #166 POG