WV VMX and ahrma CC weekend july 28/29

Started by chicagojerry, May 27, 2012, 10:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

i just got home from mckees farm to lay out the CC course for the july race.    don't miss this one guys, the course is great.  there has not been much promotion for it but the VMX portion should be very good too. the property lends itself very well to a good old shcool mx grass track.   rolling hills with good off cambers and elevation changes. i hope you east coast guys especially can help support it. i don't thik that you would be disapointed. i'm going to try to rustle up some support from some farther western folks too.. ( like ez jims bultaco crowd.)  i would even tolerate some of those annoying hodaka guys if they came out... its the weekend after mid-ohio.. july 28th -29th...     the surrounding area is very picturesque too. many things to do.    come on out. it will be fun.
[8D]     chi jer

Tom Murphy

Bringing this back up to see who may be going to McKees. Deanna and I will be heading out on Thursday evening and hope to see some of you there. It looks to be a great weekend. Tom
Tom Murphy
\\\'73 250 Hare Scrambler
\\\'74 250 Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 125 six day
\\\'73 Berkshire 100
\\\'74 125 six day
\\\'74 Mint 400
\\\'74 Maico 440
\\\'72 Mudlark
\\\'81 RM125
\\\'82 RM250

seanguthrie

I should be there.  I think I'm only running MX as I don't know if the 250 can handle woods and track again in the same day.  Bike is still recovering from Athens.

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Lew Mayer

I'll be there. Heading out tomorrow AM. I'm running the CC, Sat and Sun. Vintage, of course. I hope to be out there early afternoon.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

seanguthrie

Jerry, Lew and Tom it was great seeing you all and many more.  I ended up getting both XC and MX in on the 250.  I only was able to do one day in the woods as I had to leave early Sunday to get home to Momma and the kids.  Great time as always though, that Dick Mann VMX track was probably the fastest and funnest track I have ever raced on.  The woods course was not too shabby either.  Can't wait to go back next year!

And Lew thanks for the tip on my tank.  A rag and styrofoam plate kept it in place all day.  I plan to clean and seal it this weekend to get some more life out of it.

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

seanguthrie

Oh yea.  Got my picture with this guy!  He sure seemed to know a lot about old Triumphs too.  Hmmm.

74 250 Hare scramble
68 Six Day
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Lew Mayer

It was good to be able meet new POG members, Sean and Tom. I think it's a good thing to see younger guys ,like Sean, getting into vintage racing and he was wise enough to get into Pentons.;)
 ChicagoJerry did his usual excellent job of course layout. Thanks for all your efforts, Jerry.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer