'72 Penton Jackpiner For Sale

Started by rob w, August 19, 2012, 09:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

For Sale. In Michigan. SOLD

Almost all original, and UNrestored. Frame was repainted at one time.

Seat base and it's hardware are excellent. Forks are excellent with zero pitting. Front number plate bracket, and front fender bracket are both hand made. Shocks are shot / NG.
Frame number 209xxxxx Sept, 1972

Fenders are not original. Original paint on the exhaust system. End cap has a dent on the underside.

Very nice pipe, seat, and gas tank.

Starts great, runs good. Though I do not know any of the engine's history, such as bore, hours, rebuilds, etc.
No broken fins anywhere, side cases excellent condition. Kick stand, and it's swingarm mount are excellent.
Engine has never been repainted. 30.5mm Mikuni carb.

I have not cleaned the hubs, spokes, or rims yet.

$ 2150, or please don't hesitate to send offer.
robert_wardlow at sbcglobal.net
PH 616.550.92 six eight
Bob Wardlow

Many thanks to the Penton Owners Group for this forum.

johnborn

thrownchain

Hey Rob, missed ya at Mid Ohio this year, hope all is well.

Rain Man

wow, prime example of the 1st year Piner.  And worth every cent being asked    
 Bob, is that an example of an Amal intake maniflod connected to a mikuni??  And if it is, do/can you give the carb model #.  Thats the smoothest conversion I've ever seen !!
Thanks in advance

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

tofriedel

Given the frame # - Sept 72, wouldn't this bike be a 1973 model?  If I am not mistaken, not all of 1972 models came with a Amal carb.  I had two 72 models, one had an Amal with a reed valve and one with Bing.

Go figure.

Tony
Tony

rob w

Raymond, I was wondering about that myself. I'll measure and compare the manifold stud width, with the Amal that came on my '72 Piner, and see if that's the original intake manifold. And I wrote down some notes on the Mikuni carb ID when I cleaned it, so I'll let you know what I find.

Quotequote:Originally posted by Rain Man

wow, prime example of the 1st year Piner.  And worth every cent being asked    
 Bob, is that an example of an Amal intake maniflod connected to a mikuni??  And if it is, do/can you give the carb model #.  Thats the smoothest conversion I've ever seen !!
Thanks in advance

Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Dale Fisher

Limited offer on transportation for a perspective buyer!  Traveling from Michigan to the EZ Jim's AHRMA event this weekend in Missouri.  Organizing space and plans now so would have to know immediately and commit to offering up a tank of gas to help defray the pain at the pump...[:0]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Owners Group - Administrator
70 Six-Days
71 Six-Days (Brother Dave's)
73 Jackpiner
74 Berkshire
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry