new adventure

Started by tomale, October 08, 2012, 10:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomale

This really has little to do with Pentons but at least it does have something to do with the fine folks who frequent this site.  Many of you know that I am a pastor but you may not know is that it has been 7 years since I actually filled that position. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever do that again but in someways you have allowed me to pray for and encourage those of us who have seen some hard times..  I Thankyou for that! In July of this year I was asked to consider taking a church two hours south of where we live now. I started the process in hopes that it might be a good fit for us as well as the church, beginning in September I was asked to fill the pulpit, It was clear that my wife and I fell in love with the community and the fine folk who call Morton Wa. their home. On Sunday  Oct. 7th  A cogregational vote was taken and I was voted in as the new Pastor, the vote was unanimous. So over the next few months we will begin the process of moving to that community..
It is in the hills just south of Mt.Rainier WA. There are trails to ride with in a hour and MX tracks close by too.  Chehalis wa. host a AHRMA national just 40 minutes away.. I should have plenty of places to ride.. There are several people on this site who have seen us through our own tough times and I write this to thank them and all of you for helping me to keep my head straight in the midst of it all, Again I say thankyou. I can honestly say that you are some of the finest people I have ever had the privledge of meeting and I look forward to many more years of enjoying this amazing site.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74' 1/2 440 maico
70' 400 maico (project)
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

hankthecrank

Thank you for this post and the example this sets forth. You are showing us what it means to follow HIS leading. I'm sure
GOD  will bless you in this fellowship. Hank

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

firstturn

Thom,
  I am happy for you and your Family.  It has been a long trek, but you have never waivered.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Big Mac

Congratulations Thom! Good news and sounds like a great fit for you and Kris. We first ran across each other on this site, ended up at a lot of races together, often in the same motos, had one heckuva road trip back to the Zink Ranch in 2004...a lot of fun for old guys re-living some MX glory we missed out on back in the day.

Scout out an off-road route up through the GP Nat'l Forest and let me know when to come up! Has been on my bucket list for quite awhile.

Jon
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

tomale

Will do,  I have already  connected with a couple local guys and a buddy of mine up here would like to do the same thing.  So I will let you know..  It might not happen until spring as most of that area will be under snow here in a month or so.  I quess it is time to get that RMX out of the cob webs and get it ready to ride. I have enjoyed all the times we have raced together and the road trip was amazing..

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74' 1/2 440 maico
70' 400 maico (project)
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W