New old Penton owner

Started by Halk, November 09, 2012, 10:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halk

Just a little intro and a Penton story. I got started trailing on minibikes in the late sixties, went on to Triumphs when I was eighteen, and onto a 1947 Harley when I was twenty. Back in the 1970's I had a friend who had a Penton 125 that I would ride up in the hills around his place. I really enjoyed it, even though I was a dedicated vintage Harley rider. It was really light (to a Harley guy) and it would go almost anywhere. I remember it was almost an intuitive machine....you thought about where you wanted to go, and it did it. I moved to AZ to do construction, and that was the last I saw of my friend and his Penton. I moved back to New England, got a career, etc.  Last month, by sheer luck, I run across the same Penton! I bought it, and now....Reunited, and it feels so good! Sadly, it has lost some pieces over the years and needs some loving to get it back on it's feet....which I plan to do. It looks rough, but it is mostly there and kicks through. How bad could it be ;)

Daniel P. McEntee

Actually it looks a whole lot better than a couple that I'm working on, and I'm sure what some others have seen! Right off the top of my head, I see that it is only missing the side cover over the pipe. It's still in it's original state and will only be that way once. Consider just giving it a good cleaning, service the engine with what ever it require to get into a running condition, and replace what you don't have with original parts if you can. Good luck to you and have fun with it.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

brian kirby

Not bad. A very early '72 as it has the single pinch bolt triple clamps. This bike didnt have a sidecover over the pipe, it had an oval plate below the pipe. You definitely have a good base to build a nice bike.

Brian
Brian

Rain Man

How bad could it be ??   I betcha if you clean it up a bit and check things over, it will start on the 2nd kick [8D]

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Mick Milakovic

Beautiful, a true survivor and warrior!

Mick
Mick