penton 250

Started by Gary Smith, November 09, 2012, 08:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Smith

I'm taking chemo and radiation treatments for the next few months and would like to sell or trade my 82 ktm 250. I live in north tx. This bike is riding everyday by me and needs some cleaning and the foxshock needs a new sealhead and other than that runs very good.

Kip Kern

Gary I don't need the bike but do wish you well on your medical journey.  Will be thinking of you and if you get time, keep us all updated on your condition.  Keep the faith!!:)

skiracer

Gary, Sorry to hear that.  I don't need that model bike, but if you need help selling it, I would gladly help out any way I can.  Regards, James

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Hercules 250 GS
1976 Hercules 175 GS
1982 Suzuki PE 175
2002 KTM 200 EXC
1976 Penton 175 GS
1981 KTM 250 (project)
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

conrad2

Gary,
Sorry to hear about your situtation. I went through Chemo and Radiation about 2 years ago. In fact I got into Pentons because of cancer in my family.(story for another time). The POG group was a very supportive group of people during my treatments. Some great guys...they know that is not just about the bikes but about the people.
Also I am lucky to live in Mars, PA and have easy access to the National Penton Archives and Paul Danik Library. During my treatment I think I read and watched every book and video about Pentons and dirt bikes written in the 60's and 70's.
My bikes were part of my therapy too. Even though I could not physically ride them during treatment...mentally I rebuilt them, cleaned them and visualized riding them with friends. It's amazing how fast you can go and how far you can ride wheelie (in your mind!)
My advice is... if you don't have to sell the bike keep it. Ride it in your mind, think of upgrades and mods you can make to it. When you are done with treatment you will cherish riding time even more.
Good luck and hope all goes well.
Conrad

Conrad Pfeifer
of Mars PA, Home of The Paul Danik Presidential Library
Conrad Pfeifer
of Mars PA, Home of The Paul Danik Presidential Library

joe novak

Gary, Best of luck with the chemo and radiation.  Be thankful for modern medicine.   I hope you don't mind that I will keep you in my prayers.    joe