Can anyone ID this rider?

Started by KJDonovan, December 08, 2012, 05:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

Anyone know who is riding the Penton 250, #247 during the 48th ISDT in 73?  About 40 seconds into the video you see him starting but that's all I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDIdaqihVLg&feature=player_embedded

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125
73 Yamaha AT3
72 Montesa Cota 123
88 KTM GS250
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

johnborn

i am pretty sure that is mr. Jack Penton.

KJDonovan

Thanks John, I viewing the video, it looked like the number on the bike was 247 which had me confused.  

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125
73 Yamaha AT3
72 Montesa Cota 123
88 KTM GS250
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Paul Danik

If you are talking about the rider who pulls the wheelie, then John is right on the money, that is Jack.  His number from the entry list is #240. #247 is a Jawa rider.

That is probably the shortest wheelie I ever saw Jack pull. One time we were getting our bikes ready at the Penton R & D building to head out west for some qualifies and it got to be close to dinner time. Mrs. John Penton was pretty adamant about folks being on time for dinner... Jack had a 4 cylinder Honda at the time, something like a 400cc machine, he jumped on it and I was on my Penton.  We headed to his home on a paved 2 lane country road.  When we hit a straight stretch that ran along a cemetery he stood that Honda right up on what to be the maximum balance point and rode the Honda on the back wheel all the way past the cemetery. I was amazed to say the least.

Paul