Thanks for Steel Tank Questionaire's

Started by Admin, November 29, 2012, 05:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Since posting the note on the homepage about filling out Steel Tank Questionaire's, I have received 5 more.  Special thanks to V416, V1893, V2017, V2870, V4496 and a few more known to be coming.

That puts our total up to 218 questionaires received! :D

Thanks again,
Bill

hankthecrank

Bill, is there a definite deadline? I have the questionaire and I think I have found my first Penton, a 1970 steeltanker, I think if I remember right V623. Its in a barnyard behind the barn and been out in the weather for years. But I think I can bring it home. I'll get cracking on this one!

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

seanguthrie

I've been meaning to fill mine out.  I'll jump on it as soon as I can.

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

hotrod392

I have a couple more I need to submit as well. Will try to get submitted ASAP.

Shane

Admin

I received the following email from Mark Reul of Belgium wanting to partipate in the Steel Tank questionaire.  I liked his note and video so well, I emailed him back and asked permission to post it on our site, not knowing that his second email would be even better than the first. His two emails are as follows.
Bill

Hi,  I have a 1969 Steel Tank Penton.  I am living in Belgium and use the Penton for classic events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T38F36tnvU

I am the 4th bike climbing the hill (after the Zundapp in trouble).
This was a classic event in Germany in 2008.  Can I participate with the questionaire?

Regards,
Mark Reul
//www.classicenduro.be
Hi Bill, No problem.  The bike is one of the Penton's of the 1969 ISDT Belgian team.  It was registered as KTM 125 in 1969 and imported by former ISDT gold medaillist Jean Crosset.  Jean Crosset rode Jawa's and in Garmish in 1969 he rode a Penton.  The team had 4 Pentons, 3 X 125cc and 1 X 100cc.  Jean Crosset won a gold on a 125 and my bike was ridden by Roger MarĂ©chal who won a Bronze (fuel tank problems).  The other riders were Jean Cordonnier, DNF on a 125 (also fuel tank problems) and Gaston De Spa, DNF on the 100cc (out of time).  I'll send some pictures with the questionaire.

Regards,
Mark

Admin

Hank,
No deadline on the questionaire's.  We are just wanting to tally up what we have and get it posted in the near future.  In the meantime, I would like to post all the V numbers we have to date, much like a registry, just to show how many numbers we have.

Bill

hankthecrank

Thanks Bill. I'll bring this one home!

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

thrownchain

Has anyong thought to check on the "Tankers" that may be in museums and collections that may not belong to POG members?

checkcrew

Bill, hi,

i have V1346 Berkshire, V1646 Six-Days and V6358 Six-Days,
will get the info to you ASAP :-))

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]