vintage tires,,, not correct,,, but maybe ????

Started by gooey, February 01, 2001, 07:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooey

On E Bay now, I found some vintage tires ... they arent correct for Pentons,, but would still be cool for a period correct MX bike,,, seller sez they are NEW Barums ,, if my memory serves me right they were OK tires,,, sizes are 2.75/21   &   4.00/18   i think ... try this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1110254672&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=981427683&indexURL=0&rd=1

Dwight Rudder

The best quality Vintage style tires you can get right now are the Pirelli MT16 they come as 300X21, 400X18 , and 450X18.

7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.

tlanders

Now you tell me!!! I just bought a set of Metzlers for my Piner thinking "My Six Day had Metzlers on it when I bought it, so ....." Ended up with MC5 100/100-18 on the rear. I entered a hare scrambles in Arkansas on the Piner last weekend and it was muddy. Everybody there said that Michelin S12's are the best tire in our neck of the woods. What say you guys?

gooey

and,, while on the subject of tires,,, whats known out there about the Maxxis
 ???6100's??? ... I think thats the model of the intermediate terrain tire .... looks NOTHING like the original Metzelers on my 'piner,, but this IS 28 yrs later,, right ??? they look pretty aggressive and seem to be priced right !   any input ????

hanksie

Gotta go with Dwight on this.I run Pirellis MT-16 rears and MT-44 fronts on all my race bikes with no complants.They had them on sale at the Crow Canyon GNCC for $55 rear and $50 front(and me with no cash!)   For a correct resto, every Penton I bought (4 of them)came with Metzlers.  Have heard good things about the Michelins.Not alot of anything about Maxxis other than good price.The Barums would be good for a CZ project.