6 volt horns?

Started by johnacapp, January 31, 2013, 04:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnacapp

To all,
I am in the final stages of being legal, All I have to do on my 74 Harescrambler is complete the wiring. I have chosen to not use the original wiring block and go with modern waterproof connectors. Now I need to find a 6 volt horn and a taillight switch as well as a tail light.
Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I could find these items????
Thanks!
John Capp

KJDonovan

John,

Try Domi Racer  https://www.domiracer.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=94641  I have used this one before, works fine.  Al Buehner has some ZKW brake lamp switches that work fine too.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125
73 Yamaha AT3
72 Montesa Cota 123
88 KTM GS250
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

marsattacks

if you have an antique pa plate there is no legal need to have an electric horn.  you might wish to have one for safety.  A bulb horn is fine like in the olden days.

you could get away without a brake light because you have no inspection obligation but clearly that would be risky if you truly intend to street the bike.

I have seen two very different brake light setups I can give you more details if required.  good luck, Thanks

Mars Attacks!
72 Jackpiner
72 Jackpiner-in-a-box
74 Harescrambler
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike