Want to Trade: '68 Steel Tanker (V627) for CMF 125

Started by tonupchad, January 28, 2013, 01:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonupchad

I've talked this out with several fellow Pogger's and have decided (been convinced) to offer my newly acquired Steel Tanker up in trade for several reasons, foremost being it deserves a better home than mine.  I wanted a ST to race and this is probably the worst candidate.  It has a unique history and I don't believe I'd be honoring the bike of the previous owner very much by grinding welding and molesting for my semi-speed lust.  I pulled the head and confirmed its a 125. AND got it running!  Not well, but it runs.  

With that said, I'm hoping to find a contrasting similarly situated  Pogger with a sound running CMF 125  I could race in the woods.   Looking for an even trade but if it becomes lopsided cash/beer can be added or subtracted.  I will be at nearly all the east coast races/events this year and would be happy to deliver. I'm located in Durham, NC 27704

Frame number is V627.  Comes with a box of parts (seat, fender, center stands etc.)  that may or may not be stock.  Will post a more comprehensive set of pics later.

But for now...

\\\'73 Six Day (CMF)
\\\'68 Six Day Wasselump

Paul Danik

I have sent you an email with my contact info, if you do not get it please let me know.

FYI   I will be coming through your area on RT. 77 heading towards Rt. 95 next week heading from Pa. to Daytona.

Thanks,
Paul

Dale Fisher

Chad, Your membership application was received in the mail today.  Your POG packet should arrive in a few days.  Your hybrid is a rare find indeed and I hope to see you on that rider you desire soon!

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

tonupchad

Paul,  Got your email and replied.

Dale, thanks for the update and your assistance with my other mongrel. I'll catch up with you track-side.

Chad
\\\'73 Six Day (CMF)
\\\'68 Six Day Wasselump

tonupchad

Confirmed that its a 125 and had it running before i pulled the head.

\\\'73 Six Day (CMF)
\\\'68 Six Day Wasselump

tonupchad

Thought I'd bump this thread one more time before heading to the 'bay.

'73 Six Day (CMF)
'68 Six Day Wasselump
\\\'73 Six Day (CMF)
\\\'68 Six Day Wasselump