HELP!!!

Started by johnacapp, February 28, 2013, 03:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnacapp

I don't know where to start for this request but I guess I'll start when I realized that another year's schedule from the AMA for dual sport events was posted in this months "American motorcyclist" and my dream and me are now both six years older!

Six years ago I turned Fifty, and my wife said to me all you do is work, you need a hobby. That comment really got to me! So I though about what I liked to do the most. About two minutes later I realized, I love riding dirt bikes! Some of my best memories are of riding/racing. (found my Hobby) Went out and bought my Penton off of e-bay about a month latter.      

After six years between life, family and employment my Penton is what I want to say 90% complete. Engine is rebuilt and bike some what assembled, But I can't get it to run like it should?

My goal was to ride my Penton and later it was upgraded to ride my Penton in some dual sport events, but my time and technical ability are about to there limits right now.

Here is my plea for Help to finish the bike. Is there anyone near Pittsburgh area that would be willing to help me or that I could bring it to? If not local to me I'm willing to deliver and pick up. Please don't be confused, I'm not asking for charity I'm willing to pay for service. I just can't afford to not finish this project or waste any more time NOT being able to ride it. If anyone has a solution or an offer to help my plight please respond either to this site or e-mail me by responding to "Author" for my e-mail address. At that point I can go into greater details of bike status and what I'm trying to achieve and also share photos.

Thanks in advance.....

John
John Capp

chicagojerry

hi john. feel free to drop me a line. [email protected]
or my cell is 440 213 5146  i'm just west of cleveland ohio so not that far. what size and year penton do you have?
chi jer

seanguthrie

John, I would give Jerry a ringing endorsement.  He just did some major work on my 250 Hare Scramble engine and even let me bring the rest of the bike out to his shop where he assembled it while I sat around and drank his beer.  Diamond Don's can't get here quick enough for me to get that bike back on the race track!

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

johnacapp

To all,
Thanks and a very special thanks to Chicago Jerry who has been e-mailing me direct. Turns out that my Bing carb. sliding coke was the culprit! Took the air boot off this morning and the mystery was solved.
The bike now idles and runs like it should.
John Capp