Dave Sauders Penton & KTM Motorcycle Collection

Started by Admin, September 25, 2013, 08:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

The POG photo gallery is now featuring Dave Sauders Penton and KTM Vintage Motorcycle Collection.

Click below to view his complete collection:
http://pentonusa.org/GalleryServerPro/default.aspx?aid=166

Rocket

Paul Danik

The POG display at VMD this past summer was going to feature some of Dave's collection of Penton motorcycles and memorabilia, which is incredible, but the timing just didn't work out. It is great to be able to see some of it in these photos. Sure do like the last photo:)

Thanks Dave.

Paul

seanguthrie

Wow!  Just about every Penton I've ever dreamt of owning in living color.  There are even some I have never seen that got me thinking.

A friend and I are in talks to do Barstow to Vegas in 2014.  I'm on the hunt for a early 80's enduro model that will carry me on roads and through the desert at a nice pace.  I really like the look of the KTM military model.  My hunt will start now!  Although I would imagine they are few and far between.

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

tooclose racing

Right side shifting on the 175 short tracker (Rickman). I never knew it was possible!

My favorites are the 69 Berkshire and the 77 GS125 (Wow!).  Did the 69's come with a silencer like he has or with a stinger?  Thanks

I ride both steel tankers a lot so a silengr is needed. The early 175 motors came with a shaft for right or left shift. I replaced shift shaft and made the shifter. The early 175 and 250 had a place for right shaft just replace the steel plug with a seal. Dave

OUCWBOY

My new 1969 Six Day had a VW bug tail pipe welded in place of the stinger. They were chrome, but had been painted black. After 6 months of riding, the black paint started wearing off and you could then see the chrome. This came right out of the crate from Penton this way. Mine was the Enduro model and the other one that arrived the same day was an MX model and it just had a stinger.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

ALB

I had the opportunity to ride Dave's steel tanker Berkshire, years ago at Mid-Ohio. He had it on display at the POG tent and told me that if I needed a bike to ride around on during the event to go ahead and use his. I'm glad to report that I am happy that I took him up on his offer. That is one sweet running bike.
Thank you Dave!

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

While this POST is still on the first page I would like to thank those who gave there comments.  I have worked over 30 years on this collection starting with the 100 Brikeshire that I traded a pair of size 13 Hi-Point boots for. Most were junk at one time, some with no motors, no fenders no tanks just junk that no one wanted. I rounded up anything that said Penton and saved them from being cut up. There was no inter-net or e-bay and all the swap meets had Harley only, so I asked around everwhere I went. Found a lot of parts hanging in  old barns. There is a story with each bike. I would also like to THANK Tom Brosius, Al Bluehner, and Gary Ellis for parts I was able to purchase or get from them. Also to some dude who had parts before Al? Also thanks to Gary who painted all the blue Pentons and the 73 1/2 250. Thanks again.

Dennis Jones

Dave your collection is in a league of it's own and I am honored to have have had private tours and even more proud to be able to call you and Diane friends.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Thanks Dennis do you remember riding the DKW trials bike?  I'd like to extend open invitation to anyone passing thru or just wants to come and see the Penton museum.  There's more to see than just the bikes. We also have a military museum less than 10 mi. from us.  Also I may have some extra parts you might need. Dave:)

Rain Man

Astonishing looking Deek Dave, wow !!
 Is that your personal rendition of a 160 DKW trials bike, or did DKW really produce this ??
 Beutiful job either way !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons