Steel Tanker Foot Pegs

Started by Daniel P. McEntee, January 17, 2013, 02:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel P. McEntee

I'm looking for a complete set of foot pegs for my brother's '71 Bekshire. I need everything including the pegs, mounting brackets, and the mounting tube that is welded to the frame and has the center stand brackets on it. If I can find a complete set of pegs and brackets, and find another set of brackets that I can cut the serrated bosses from and use to fabricate the tube, that will work for me also. I don't need a whole frame, as I have a title for this frame and want to preserve that. I don't want anyone to booger up a good frame either, so if you have a '69-'71 frame that has been butchered in some other way, but has a good peg mount, let me know.
  Thanks a lot in advance,
   Dan McEntee

454MRW

Here are some pics of Dans bike and the footpeg area. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

checkcrew

"IMO" it would appear that frame had a left side chain drive engine in it at one time ??

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

thrownchain

I dont have the pegs themselves, But I do have a frame with the cross tube.

Daniel P. McEntee

thrownchain;  Is it a junk frame? And a '69 thru '71? I guess if the V number is above a certain point it has to be? I'm waiting to hear back from the ebay seller I bought a brake assembly from, and if he can't help me I'll get back to you. I just need it cut loose in front and back of the tube, and at that short brace that comes from the rear. I'll take care of the rest.

Mike Winter: Thanks a lot for posting the pics for me. The Chinese were right, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Mike Gallagher: Just curious, what about the bike makes you suspect it had a different engine in it? I have the engine tucked away in a tub and need to check, but I think it's a typical engine for the year, radial finned head and drive on the right side. I don't think the rear wheel has been off of it in 30 years. I had not seen the bike in that long until I went to Atlanta after my brother passed away and I brought the bike home.

Thanks a lot for the help,
   Dan McEntee

Daniel P. McEntee

Still looking for foot pegs and mounts for this '71 Berkshire or any steel tanker. PArts that need work will be fine. I didn't have any luck finding the originals on my last trip south, but I did find the skid plate. Looking for everything from side to side including the frame mounting tube.
   Thanks a lot,
  Dan McEntee

checkcrew

Dan, hi,

email me a # to call you at my email addy. below,

thanks,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Daniel P. McEntee

I'll be attending Rik Smit's swap meet this Sunday, if any one else attending has any foot peg parts for a '71 steel tanker that will help me out. If I can find a set of foot pegs, and another set of foot peg mounting brackets, I can use the toothed boss off the extra brackets to fabricate the cross tube for the frame. I'll consider a cheap, junk '70 or '71 steel taker frame if it has a complete foot peg assembly, but it needs to be junk, as I have a title for my frame and don't want to cut up another good frame.
   Thanks a lot,
  Dan McEntee