a progress in pegs

Started by rob w, June 14, 2002, 11:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Props out to Karl and Metalkfab ! I just got a set of the reproduction footpegs from Buehner Supply and I've got to say, they are so nice, you really do excellent work. Thanks alot for your time and effort in making my Penton more perfect.

tlanders

I bought a couple sets too after my existing ones filled with mud at Camelback in W.Va. and I had a hard time keeping my boots on the pegs. However, because of the camelback experience, I took my oxy-acetylene torch and cut out all the metal between the side rails so that NO mud could build up. Teddy

tlanders

I should have said that I modified the new ones from Karl. They are beautiful Pegs. Teddy

metalkfab

Guys,Thanks for the good words.For the  items we reproduce, thanks really goes out to Al Buehner who saw a need and really kept MY enthusiasm up about the brand.Also to Doug,Kip,Paul,Scott and the other regulars at the POG meetings.And Ted, you got some of the first proto's, the new ones do have some type of draining holes and are made from thicker mat'l.See me at Mid-Ohio,I have a set for you.

tlanders

Karl, It was the new ones I purchased from Al last month that I opened up even more than you did. I haven't modified the original ones you let me test out. Keep up the good work. Teddy