Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic

Started by BlueRidgePathfinder, November 12, 2012, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew Mayer

The swelling went down some yesterday. Down a little more today. Thanks for asking and good to see you again.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Lew Mayer

The swelling went down some yesterday. Down a little more today. Thanks for asking and good to see you again.

Lew Mayer

Lew, I'm sorry.  I did not realize you got banged up.  I hope not too seriously.  It surely was good to see you again.

Al

BlueRidgePathfinder

Photos from our 5th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic can be seen at:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151365969613285.1073741826.696373284&type=1&l=7c64a2f966

You DO NOT have to subscribe to Facebook to view these.

Enjoy!

Al Roof

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

When Greg Holder, Thomas Carmichael (who passed away shortly afterwards) and I set out to put on the inaugural Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic five years ago we were primarily concerned with providing our friends who also enjoyed vintage/post-vintage enduro and cross country motorcycles with a venue to gather,race and ride here in the Carolinas, while making a little bit of money to make our efforts worth while.

After two year of working hard only to generate profit for private park owners I told Greg the only way I would continue to promote the event was if we worked with Marvin Grant, with all proceeds from the gate going to the Armenia United Methodist Church. The rest is beautiful history. Along with the annual Armenia Dual Sport Ride, the Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic has become a signature event for the fine organization I formed twenty-two years ago, The Blue Ridge Pathfinders Motorcycle Club.

I am very proud of that.

The gate at this year's Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic, rounds 1 & 2 of the AHRMA/Penton Racing Products National Cross Country Championship Series, raised $1,760.00 for the Church and we estimate another $600.00 to $800.00 profit from Saturday evening's Steak dinner and Sunday morning's breakfast. This will go along way at a small, rural church.

The good Lord blessed us with beautiful weather, cool bikes, good racing, great people, good food and lots of fun!

We had riders from as far away as Alaska, Ontario, Canada, and Texas. Proof positive of the great reputation our event has garnered.

Thanks again to landowners Marvin & Jackie Grant, TP, Robert Wilcox (and the other Family Riders I do not know), the hard working congregation of the Armenia United Methodist Church, Stan Barrett, Darrell Garrison, Ray Lewis, David Lineberger, Mark Price, Dana Rucker, Sr., and Mark Tart for their unselfish gift of time and
effort.

Thanks again to all of you who traveled to beautiful Chester County, South Carolina to participate in our event.  We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

God bless you all.

Al

C. Al Roof, Newly Elected Secretary/Founder/President Emeritus
The Blue Ridge Pathfinders Motorcycle Club (Est. 1991)

tonupchad

Lew,

It was great meeting you and thanks for the sideline support on Day 2.  Hope to you see you back on your bike at the next race.

Al,

You, Greg and Mother Nature outdid yourselves.  Already looking forward to next year.

Working my race report now.

Chad

'73 Six Day (CMF)
'68 Six Day Wasselump
\\\'73 Six Day (CMF)
\\\'68 Six Day Wasselump

seanguthrie

I'm interested to hear how the Penton faired Chad.  Bummed I had to miss it another year.  I've still yet to break in my crank rebuild this race season.  Just under a month till DD.

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Lew Mayer

Al, I went down in the woods pretty hard in the woods on Saturday. Turned out, I dislocated my thumb. Luckily, I was able to pull it back in place and finished second. Sunday, it was sorta swollen so I thought I better not ride but I sure wanted to. Nothing serious, though.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

BlueRidgePathfinder

Bruce Hughes' video from his first lap on Saturday at our Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8jiL0HmJo

BlueRidgePathfinder

This is the link for Bruce Hughs' video from Sundays vintage +60 class at our Carolinas
White Lightning Cross Country Classic.

http://youtu.be/QxGhj56Zaw4

Enjoy!

Al

tonupchad

\\\'73 Six Day (CMF)
\\\'68 Six Day Wasselump

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by tonupchad

My race WL race report:

http://carolinatriumph.blogspot.com/2013/03/2013-carolina-white-lightning-cross.html

'73 Six Day (CMF)
'68 Six Day Wasselump

We love Chad and all of Ton Up NC Team Dirt.

Al

C. Al Roof, Newly Elected Secretary/Founder/President Emeritus
The Blue Ridge Pathfinders Motorcycle Club (Est. 1991)