27mm Bing 53

Started by Steve Minor, April 30, 2013, 06:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Ok....got a 27mm Bing 53 on a 72 Six Day. It's a new project bike. The carb has a seperate cable operated choke plunger on the side, meaning it's not inside the body next to the slide. My questions are: (1)with the cable slack and the plunger in the down position, is the choke on or off? and (2)Is the seal material for the bottom of the plunger still available?

Thanks

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

400gs6

Yes,with the cable slack and the plunger down, the choke is off.  As far as the sealing material, I'd call the Bing Agency for a new replacement plunger.

Kurt
KURT FLACHBART

Steve Minor

Thanks Kurt....just what I needed to know.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

gooddirt

I use blue or back RTV silicone, what kind of shape is 45 year old seal material [?] I have had them push out of the plunnger.

Steve Minor

Thanks Baub.....I'll get right on it. Now, any lead on a replacement choke cable?

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

gooddirt

A good place to test it out is at a race event.:D

rob w

Steve, A choke cable is just a throttle cable with a end cut off.
Wait, I guess that depends on the type of choke lever you're using.

seanguthrie

I had some contact with Bing before my trip to Texas.
http://www.bingcarburetor.com/

They have pretty much everything you could need for your carb.  Just call or email them and they'll hook you up.  I was in a time crunch waiting on money to order parts and get the bike done for Diamond Don's.  They were very friendly and parts arrived in 2 days.

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Steve Minor

Kudos to POG Member Tom G and GenuineNOS parts. I was able to get NOS choke plunger parts at a very fair price....Try them out sometime.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

Steve Minor

Ok.....got a fuel delivery problem. My Six Day motor loads up and blubbers. And the air boot gets drenched with gas.

Think the float isn't shutting off?

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

firstturn

Steve,
  Just got in at the end of this thread.  Probably a good place to start.  Shoot me an email if I need to help as I will be traveling this week and next.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

gooddirt

you have the spring installed above the new plugger  ? and the choke is off. you can check to see if the plugger is sealing ; pull it out and you should have two indent circles