Penton Odds and Ends Needed

Started by Daniel P. McEntee, May 25, 2013, 03:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel P. McEntee

I got my younger brother's '71 Berkshire running in the last couple of weeks and I'll still be doing some other small work on it. It is sort of a preservation more than a restoration. I need a head like mounting ear or bracket for 35mm forks for it. One of the units on the bike is broken in half and I don't have the other piece. If someone else has a broken one I can fix it. I hope to mount some sort of headlight that looks correct on it. I have an extra large headlight from a later model Penton that I may use, and a CEV unit like Husky and Hercules used, just haven't gotten there yet. I think there are some moped head lights that are similar? Need the bracket first.
   I'm also trying to get started on a '74/'75 rebuild that I need a front wheel for. Mike Winter has a front wheel, but needs a bearing sleeve, and maybe a brake plate. Anybody got any extras out there?
  I sent Mike some pics of the Berkshire, and asked him to post them here. I still haven't figgered that out yet.
  Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend,
   Dan  McEntee

johnborn

I think I have a headlight bracket. I will check and let you know tomorrow.

454MRW

Here pics of Dans brothers Berkshire. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1979 Husqvarna OR390
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
1974 CR250M 07 CR125R 79 CR250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Tim Brown

Dan,
Glad to see you got the bike back together. Foot pegs look good! Could you email your sister-in-laws number? Would like to see what she has left.
thanks,
Tim
706-347-0316
[email protected]

thrownchain

Bearing sleeve?  spacer between bearings?

Daniel P. McEntee

It's the axle sleeve , I think it's properly called. Haven't seen the wheel yet, but Mike says that's what it's missing. The '73 parts book I have calls it the spacer tube, part number 31.09.011.300. I would think the front wheel changed little during the rest of production. I thought it was a simple spacer tube, and I could make one, but the real part has some threads at one end and I'm not up to that, So, I'll have to find one.
   Thanks a lot,
   Dan McEntee

Daniel P. McEntee

Hey Tim;
   I'll get you Carol's number off list. There wasn't any movement on the left overs until this weekend. I'll work up a list and send that along. Been meaning to do that anyway.
  Thanks for checking in,
   Dan McEntee

johnborn

Daniel, I do have a headlight bracket if you still need one.

Daniel P. McEntee

Hi john;
  Thanks for checking. I just sent you an email off list.
  Thanks again,
   Dan McEntee

tofriedel

Dan,

Check with Al Buhner on the axle spacer.  I'm pretty sure he has what you need.

Tony
Tony

johnborn

Daniel P. McEntee

Hi John;  Just sent you an email. My ISP is AOL so sometimes others looks on that as spam. Let me know if it doesn't get through. I sent an email over the weekend through the list, but I may have messed that up.
   Thanks alot,
   Dan McEntee