Penton Pics

Started by Monty, June 19, 2002, 01:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monty

There is a Picture of a white Penton (black lettering w/ stripes on the gas tank "PENTON") on the Photos page. It is exactly like the one that was just given to me. Could someone tell me what model it is and How that particular one in the photo became so clean and perfect? I want to do the same, except make it dual sport so I can show it off on the street as well.

Rocket

Monty
That is a 75 400 Mint.  The way that became so clean is from a lot of hard work.  If you want, I'll take yours off of your hands, then I will have two!!
Rocket

Monty

No thanks Rocket!
I am very interested in these Motorcycles, now that I have heard so much about them in only one day! I picked it up yesterday, told a few people at work, and have not heard the end of it yet. Everyone is walking around saying "Penton, man I totally forgot about those bikes. They where so cool!"
Hopefully mine will look as good as yours when I am done. I would like to have as much information that you would feel comfortable in sharing. Such as any pit falls you might have had while restoring it, and the best place to get parts at a reasonable price.

I would appreciate any help you might be able to give. Thanks in advance!

Rocket

Monty
Go to this website and maybe you can figure out what bike you have.
http://www.holeshotforum.com/ubb/uploads/BFL/checkvin_small.jpg

Rocket

tofriedel

Monty,

I could be mistaken, but I believe that 1977 was the last year the bikes had the Penton name on the gas tank.  If memory serves me, from 1978 on they all had KTM on the tank.  in 78 the lettering was black & red.

Your serial numbers indicate a 78 400, but the tank indicates 77.  Maybe the tanks got swapped or Penton got some 78's sold with his name.

Tony