1973 250 Harescrambler DuPont Paint Code?

Started by Daniel P. McEntee, July 01, 2013, 08:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel P. McEntee

Working on my '73 250 H/S and was searching the site for some carb information, (thanks chicagojerry) and could have sworn I ran across a thread that mentioned a DuPont paint code for the color of yellow that a '73 250 tank and glass work is. I think it was in an answer by Kip Kern, but like a dummy I didn't recognize the usefulness of this information and din't write it down. Now I can't find the thread after reqading through 50 plus pages of search results. I have the numbers from Tom Brosius' sight, but they are PPG numbers and I have DuPont dealer near mem that I deal with. Am I imagining what I thought I saw? I have a large toaster tank and side panels to paint, hopefully this summer.
   I did get the bike back together and running and looking sort of OK this weekend. Lot's of cosmedic work to do yet, like seat cover and the paint, but at least I have achieved my goal of having one of each displacement Penton motorcycle in running and riding condition, including a '97 KTM EXC Jackpiner Edition. I don't have a trials bike, though, but my brother Terry did have one while he was in the Navy back in the late 70's, so I'm kinda throwing that one in there!
   Thanks in advance,
   Dan McEntee

G Ellis

Send the tank to me I have the right yellow paint. Or you can buy what I have left. Later Gary