RIP Harry Taylor

Started by thrownchain, July 28, 2013, 10:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Over on the Hodaka site is a post about the passing of Harry Taylor of Hodaka fame.

Paul Danik

The information below is from Paul Stannard. It seems they have a very special and fitting tribute planned for Harry, well deserved for sure.
Paul

As everyone must know at this time Harry has peacefully passed on. Even though the majority of us know him through the motorcycles there is much more to the man than just bikes.  He not only leaves behind a great legacy but also the loves of his life his family.

I am speaking on behalf of Patty and Holly when I invite everyone who can make it to Harry's service this Friday in Athena where Harry lived.  There will be a viewing starting at 9:00am till 10:00am at the Athena Baptist church.  The church is located on 5th street (make a right turn at the One Stop as you come into town.)

At 10:00 am there will be a funeral procession being led by officer Wrights on the official Athena Hodaka police bike to the cemetery.  Hodaka riders are welcomed to follow officer Wrights as we do during our Hodaka Days parade.  You must have a silencer on the bike and wear a helmet.  We ask that you ride single file to and from the cemetery.

Upon return from the cemetery to the Athena Baptist church there will be a memorial service held for Harry which will last approximately one hour. Immediately after the memorial service we will be served lunch.

Attire will be "Harry" meaning your best jeans and Hodaka tee shirt.

We have lost a great friend and mentor to us all but please do not be sad. Harry just had a great way of being upbeat and happy all the time.  My hope is that many of his friends may come to say thank you Harry for all the help, advice and smiles all these years.

I think Ken Smith truly summed it up best when he titled his article in issue #35 of VMX magazine,
 "There's something about Harry".

See you in Athena this Friday,

Paul

ADDRESS for cards :
 Patty Taylor
PO BOX 389
Athena Or. 97813

tomale

RIP Harry, several years ago a friend of mine and I drove to Athena Or. to attend another Memorial service for a Hodaka  guy and the reception was held at Harry's  I was excited to meet the legend. It was wall to wall laughter as he told one story after another. A nice man,  It was a pleasure to meet Him. He is so smart that He never felt like He had to prove to anyone that He was.  He is a treasure, god speed Harry I am sure that you are missed by way more than you ever realized!

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74' 1/2 440 maico
70' 400 maico (project)
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki
Honda TL 125
2004 Suzuki DL1000

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

[email protected]

I would like to thank Paul Danik for the posting on the POG site about Harry.It was a very hard time but knowing the vintage motorcycle community all over the world had great things to say about him made it a bit easier.
See you all at the reunion ride !
thank you
Paul