McKee Sky Ranch event...July 25 -28

Started by Paul Danik, July 22, 2013, 11:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Would you like to attend an event that has a dual sport ride one day, a road rally the next, then two days of AHRMA Cross Country, plus AHRMA Vintage and Post Vintage MX, a swap meet, Vintage Motorcycle Display, plus primitive on site camping with concessionaires ????? Then you will love the upcoming event at Tom McKee's Sky Ranch located in beautiful Tera Alta, WV.

Tom McKee is one awesome fellow, as a matter of fact his entire family is awesome and they are hosting and growing an event that might just become one of the premier events in the county.

The dual sport ride and road ride do not require any affiliation with any organizations, obviously the AHRMA portion of the event will require AHRMA membership.

Just click on the link below for more details.

http://www.mckeeskyranch.com/

Thanks,
Paul

PS  Maybe POG VP and pilot Scotty Brogan will fly in and land on the grass strip...:)  Be sure to click on THE RANCH portion of the website to read all about this fabulous venue...

seanguthrie

I'll be leaving Indianapolis in about 14 hrs heading that way with 2 Penton's and one Honda in tow!

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Mark P

I'm going to attend this next year AFTER my shoulder heals. Terra Alta is spittin' distance from my family home in MD.

Paul Danik

Attended the Cross Country portion of the event yesterday as a spectator and really enjoyed it, some folks had traveled over a thousand miles to ride the event. Enjoyed visiting with many folks..

The Cross Country course was excellent, truly looked like a course from "back in the day". Spent some enjoyable time on the trail cheering on the riders in the PV portion with Steel Tank Penton pilot Bill Ryburn...  

The location is fairly close to Deep Creek Lake in Maryland which is a beautiful place to visit, on a personal note my grandfather was from that area and he helped to clear the property for the lake with a team of horses...  I stopped at the Transportation Museum in Oakland, Maryland on the way home and saw some mighty fine motorcycles on display, turns out they are on loan from Tom McKee who's property is where the event was held.

My hat is off to all who helped to put on the event, lots of work by many fine people to help preserve and recreate a wonderful time in many of our lives.  

Paul

Mark P

I hope you left my hometown the way you found it Paul!
:D

seanguthrie

Paul, It was good to see you for the few minutes you visited our little compound at the end of the airstrip.  Those woods sure got sticky on Sunday! This was one of my many stops on Sunday!

POGer's go this way all others turn around!

Had to clean up that nasty image!

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213