DAVE DUARTE UPDATE #4

Started by larrym, August 17, 2013, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrym

The message below was sent to me by Dave Duarte's brother just a half hour ago. (Saturday Morning)
It's by far the best news yet.

Hi Larry, I think your getting updates on brother Dave but I'll post latest anyway. Dave had last exploratory yesterday afternoon and it went very well. They buttoned him up finally and didn't have to do any more cutting. They will start bringing him back from "deep sleep" slowly but the way he is progressing I hope to see him breathing on his own soon. If anyone wasn't sure about the power of prayer, they have a positive testimonial here. We (the family) are so appreciative of all the support and prayers of you and all of his friends from around the country. We have witnessed a miracle and no matter what happens now, we are humbled forever! Rich..

firstturn

Thanks for the update and I do believe in Prayer!

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tomale

Amen to that !  I have seen too many cases where the doctors have given up but God didn't He  answered!  I know a man that was in a hospital bed for over a year, Comatose for the first 6 months and a breathing machine for 9,  None of the doctors could understand why he was still alive, they had given up long before His family did. He spent a bunch more time in Rehab. That was 20 years ago and He is still alive and kicking.  He can't work His old job so He spends His time connecting with fire stations around the country, looking for fire equipment to be sent to South American and such. It maybe obsolete here but it is  still saving lives there.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74' 1/2 440 maico
70' 400 maico (project)
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki
Honda TL 125
2004 Suzuki DL1000

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

larrym

Additional message from a good friend of Daves.

I have great news to report about Dave Duarte. His surgery went very well yesterday and he is off the ventilator. He is resting as comfortably as can be expected considering the extent of the surgeries! He was even able to talk a little bit today. All the prayers and good wishes have paid off. Thank goodness Dave is a fighter with a strong constitution! Please keep up all the good thoughts and prayers.

Jeff D

GREAT news, Larry!  Thanks so much for keeping us updated on Dave's progress.  Nice to hear good news.  I'm sure he'll be up and at it again in no time.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell