1968 Penton crest label

Started by Fred Deagostino, December 14, 2013, 05:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Deagostino

Gent's  I'm wondering if someone out there might have one of the silver and black Penton crest labels that originally went on the 'offside' of the cast al. air cleaner covers used in 1968. This would be for V416 which can be seen both before and after resto by searching that ser.# on Penton talk. If anyone here might have one, and find the bike worthy of parting with it, I would be most grateful. Since I'd bought the bike used in '70 and always knew it as being there, it galls me after all the work to see that blank spot where it used to be.
Thanks..,  Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Fred Deagostino

I used the phrase "parting with it". What I'd intended was 'selling it".  Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Kip Kern

Fred

Randy Kirkbride repoped those if I remember correctly

Fred Deagostino

Thanks Kip, I'll check in with him.   Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Fred Deagostino

Al, sorry for the delayed response!  That label (2nd from top) is the one on top of the gas tank, I got one of those from you awhile back.
This one went on the exh. side of the 'short' cast air cleaner box used in '68.
Kip pointed me to Randy and Randy came thru for me with 2, one for the bike and one for the toolbox so that's what my S/Tanker got for christmas. 'Not sure if they were used on any years other than '68 but I bet someone out there knows. The original was actually metal foil w/ adhesive back. Thanks for getting back to me though!   Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Kip Kern

Fred, "68" was the only year used, glad you found Randy.  Happy New Year

Fred Deagostino

Kip, thanks !  I kinda/sorta thought '68 might be the only year, which only makes having it there where it belongs all the more important. Your tip and Randy's quick and generous response put one of the last 'rivets in the hull' on my V416 project.
One more down, two to go, almost done...!    Thanks again, and a Happy New Year to you and yours too!   Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime