Mid Ohio Date Change

Started by Kip Kern, December 18, 2013, 09:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Looks like Mid Ohio is now the weekend of 11-13 July.  Changed due to Wauseon being on the same weekend as M/O.

willstoner

More likely due to AMA Superbike conflict with WSBK at Laguna Seca...

OhioTed

VMD & Wauseon on concurrent weekends?  Alright!!!!  Hate having to chose one or the other.

Dale Sonnenschein

Where is the wauseon event? Not sure I can do both, but maybe I would try that one instead of vmd. Can someone tell me about the wauseon event?

74 puch 175 SD
73 Husky 360 WR/RT
76 Husky WR360
10 ktm 250xc
02 bmw r1150r

Kip Kern

Toledo Ohio is close, Wauseon Fairgrounds, just off the interstate $5 for the whole weekend!

ALB

It is held at the Fulton County Fairgrounds near Wauseon, Ohio - off of I-80 (Ohio Turnpike) between the Indiana border and Toledo.

This date change is a long time in coming. I'm happy that someone at the AMA made it happen. There are vendors that have to make a decision as to which event to go to when both events are on the same date. I see this as a win-win for both the AMA and the AMCA Wauseon chapter.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

acemoto

I don't see the same people at the AMCA meet as you do at Mid Ohio
Mid Ohio is mostly Jap and European
Waseon is mostly early American Indian , Harley , Henderson , Cleveland  ,Ace ,Cyclone
never see Honda , Kaw , Penton and Ossa

Paul Danik

Possibly now you will see more of the same people at both meets. I have thoroughly enjoyed any of the AMCA meets that I have attended over the years. There was a time when I would not think of my Penton as "antique", we were vintage....but upon closer inspection of my drivers license and the birth date on it, possibly more than just my 45 yr. old Penton are antique....:D

In the early days of VMD there were more of the early machines around, and the folks who have those machines seem to like to sometimes dress the part as they cruise the grounds creating a very interesting mix of both sights and sounds, I miss that.

Paul

Kip Kern

Paul, Try to attend Wauseon and you will see quite a bit of what you mentioned.  Last year was my first time at Wauseon and I'm hooked!  Ran into a lot of the old VMD crowd from way back, low key event and easy on the wallet.  Found a few Vintage dirtbikes there and one of the nicest original Husky's I have ever seen offered, very reasonable, plus a ton of Puch stuff. You can bring a mini bike, bicycle, walk, golf cart whatever as long as you are a licensed driver. The venue is shady and offers many different food vendors. Real restrooms too!!  Quite a bit for $5 weekend, well $10 if you want to stay for the antique flat track races at nite.  Have a great summer!;)  Will try to cruise over to Mid Ohio on Friday this year

Wardie

In years past I'd bike up and camp Friday doing the entire swap meet thing they cover the Flat Tracks races Friday night. They are awesome and some of the best show up regularly for this event. AND who could ever not like the Motor Maids parade? Saturday loading up and head to Mid Ohio visit the swap meet and cover the vintage races.

It'll be a lot easier in 2014 but July is already jammed with VMD, Wauseon then Buckeye Super Bike week rounding out the month.

Always look forward to the great Penton display at Mid Ohio!