Penton Owners in TEXAS

Started by Monty, June 28, 2002, 04:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monty

I would like to find any Penton owners in Houston or surrounding cities. I currently reside in Apollo, TX, which is just south of Houston/north of Galveston. Any one TEXAN?

Steve Minor

Can't help you with anyone in Houston but if you're ever in Arlington, TX try to look up Bobby Lucas. He's one of the best Penton/KTM motor builders in the country.

Steve Minor

Monty

Yup. Larry told me about him. I think that I may be driving up there soon to bring him my 400 for rebuild. Larry told me these things come back brand new, painted and all. It all depends on what kind of Mula he wants for the rebuild.

Steve Minor

Bobby's a great motor builder....matter of fact he's got my 1977 400 right now. If you aren't in a super hurry to get it back, he's the man....just remember, patients is a virtue...

oops.....make that patience.......

Edited by - steve minor on 06/28/2002  4:43:46 PM
Steve Minor

chkitout

Hi Monty Glad to hear from another Penton owner in Texas. I live in the DFW area and there are several Penton owners in this area. You might go to the Texas Vintage Racing Club's website and look under members and see if anyone owning a Penton is in your neck of the woods. //www.tvrc.org
Walt

Gordon

I'm a Penton owner and I live in Tomball, TX.
I am the original owner of a '73 125 Six-Day that I'm trying to get running again after it has sat in the garage since 1984.  It's in real good shape, but I need to get carb rebuilt lit since the float bowl gasket is shot.  I suspect there are several folks in the area that own Pentons.

Bryan

I'm in Austin me and my dad have two Penton/KTM's ones a '76 250 that my dad has had since new and the other one is a '78 400 that we bought off ebay a coupple of years ago. Both of them we are restoring. Were not a member of Texas Vintage Racing yet just AMSA.

Bryan
Bryan

Monty

Hey , Thanks for the replies!

Walt- I have gone to the web-site and saw that there was a few in "my neck of the woods". I here that the DFW area is HUGE for vintage and riders of all sorts, tons of bike shops everywhere.

Steve- When you say long, Just how long? I am kind of in a hurry to ride.

Gordon- Tomball must be a great place to ride, plenty of wide open space. I am in Tomball about twice a month. My sis lives just west of 249 on Louetta. I grew up in that area.

Bobby- I am interested in your restore project. Mainly because my restore project is also a '78 400. I have everything off the frame now, and just had the carb acid dipped (about to get the frame powder coated).

Bryan

Our '78 400 is a frame up restoration cause it was in poor shape when we bought it. I'm having a hard time trying to find parts like a rear fender and side panels. I hear that they are very hard to find. Our '76 250 is in pretty good shape it just needed a new carb and engine my dad also has a '73 Cz 250 that is resotred to fair condition it just needs new handle bars he has had it since new as well.

Bryan
Bryan

Monty

I have heard the same, but in combination with Al, Larry, and Dr.2Stroke, you can probably find everything you need to totaly restore any bike (thats what I hear anyway). I am in the same boat for my 78. I had a rear fender but it was so dry rotted it ended up cracking away like peanut brittle. I did see the side panels and fenders on KTM Worldwide, and the price was reasonable.

chris richardson

There are many Penton owners in Texas. Some of us racing MX currently are Skip Miller and Bob Lucas (contact info on TVRC.org). They are in DFW area.

I'm in the north Houston (1960 & 45) area and have a couple of MC5s, CZs, Moto Guzzis, etc.
Another guy in Katy has several - Ron Munson.

There is a "split" here in Texas between //www.evovintage.com and //www.tvrc.org.

I'm impartial, and often miss local races to campaign the AHRMA nationals, but would make any effort to assist in getting you and your Penton on the track. Really.

Contact me anytime-
Chris Richardson
17715 Cassina Dr
Spring, TX 77388
281 353 0853
713 560 8022
[email protected]
AMA/POG/MGNOC/AHRMA/TVRC/EVO