Many thanks to the POG!

Started by imported_n/a, April 08, 2014, 07:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

Hi Penton Owners Group!

This is Alison Torpey, assistant to Webmasters Karen Turner and Bill Smith.  These two work hard to keep the Penton site up and running.

I do the easy part by setting up permissions as requested so that the POG users can ask questions, post photos, and keep everyone up to date in the Penton and KTM world.

I want to thank you all for the wonderful KTM shirts!  I ride high wheel bicycles as a hobby, and just love the colorful orange/black KTM shirt, and other very sporty shirts you have sent my way!

Here is a photo of me standing with my beautiful 1887 Columbia Expert.  This old bike had seen better days, before a friend mentioned the bike was living in a barn in Henryville, Indiana.

It needed some love to get it back on the road, so I can understand how much you all love your restoring your Penton and KTM motorcycles!

I live in Louisville, Kentucky.  We will be having a little horse race the first Saturday in May.  If you happen to see the race, know that I am home watching on TV, same as you, but with a tear in my eye as they sing "My Old Kentucky Home".

Enjoy the beautiful springtime, and thanks again for your kindness!

In gratitude, Alison Torpey, POG Message Board Assistant

Paul Danik

Hello Alison,

Your time and efforts in helping with the Penton Owners Group website are greatly appreciated. Having you as the "gatekeeper" for the site is a blessing to all of us.

If I am not mistaken, Louisville is also famous for a sinkhole filled with Corvettes.. absolutely unbelievable.

While searching the barns in your travels for those dangerous looking high wheel bicycles, please keep an eye out for a lonely Penton possibly tucked away in some obscure corner...:)

Did you know that KTM also is a builder of bicycles?  I mean you already have the proper attire....

Again, thanks for all you do, possibly sometime your travels will permit you to join with us at an event or meeting. Hopefully you will be able to catch the upcoming film about the life of John Penton and learn more about why we exist.  Penton enthusiast Lyle Lovett is the narrator of the film and much of the music for it is his own.

Paul

P.S.  I see you keep you bicycle in your home, obviously you are of the proper mindset for this Group.....:D

Bud Green

Alison
You look great in that KTM shirt
We got to get you on something with a motor

Bud Green

imported_n/a

Thanks, Bud!  I would love to take a ride!  

Speaking of rides, if you are traveling I-65 South, you should plan a trip to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

The museum made news by losing a number of collectible corvettes down a sinkhole at 5:44 in the morning on February 12, 2014.

1993 ZR-1 Spyder on loan from General Motors
2009 ZR1 "Blue Devil" on loan from General Motors
1962 Black Corvette
1984 PPG Pace Car
1992 White 1 Millionth Corvette
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette
2001 Mallett Hammer Z06 Corvette
2009 White 1.5 Millionth Corvette  

The corvettes will be restored, but are currently on display in their very dirty and crumpled state.  Here is the link to read more.

http://corvettemuseum.blogspot.com/2014/02/sinkhole-collapses-at-national-corvette.html