gem reed valve

Started by Heinz Raidel, July 09, 2002, 08:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinz Raidel

Does anyone have an extra new/used GEM reed valve they might wish to part with.  I am trying to control a '74 250 engine with a rather seriously narrow and explosive power delivery.  I am sure without the reed assembly i will soon be a dead man. Thanks HR
\\"Sometimes the only mark we make in life is in our shorts.\\"

Larry Perkins

Heinz,

Vintage Iron was selling a reed setup for the 250 KTM motor.  Check with them.

tlanders

How about trying a different pipe? Is your porting and head stock? What pipe do you have on it? I'm no expert, but it sure sounds like a pipe change would solve it. Teddy

OUCWBOY

There was one on e-bay awhile back, I don't remember if it sold or now, it was new in the package. I'll ask around, It might have been Vikingmotors that had one. I'll call him and find out.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

john durrill

Heinz,
 it sounds like the cylinder was ported buy someone in years past. does your bike have the stock pipe?
 I would  suggest that it might be a lot easier to change the cylinder liner out for one that is stock. the 250's i have ridden were great in the woods and easy to control.
 if no one in the states has a liner DR 2 stroke might and i know La Sleeve can make you one.
 if you can do a port map of your cylinder ( it only takes a few mins to do with a sheet of printer paper and a soft pencile) we might be able to determin if that would help.
JOhn

Larry Perkins

Cylinder liners are already re-made here in the USA and available for the 250.