Kick Stand

Started by tmc3c, July 20, 2002, 10:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

What is the deal with the kick stand on my 76 250GS it dosen't do the job.If I used it the bike would lay on it's side.Does anybody else have this problem or is it just me?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Steve Minor

I have the same situation on my 77 400gs6. It's almost as if the kick stand is too short. I figure the bike is sitting higher because the shocks are mounted in the laydown position. Make sense????

Steve Minor

tmc3c

Steve,my kickstand looks way short too,are you running lay down shocks? What did you do with the kickstand,just take it off? I powder coated mine all nice, and it ain't worth throwing in the yard.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Steve Minor

Thomas.....I haven't done anything with my kickstand....yet. And yes, I'm running my stock shocks in the laydown position. I'm about to have my frame bead blasted and primed and thought I'd have the kickstand extended, blasted and primed at the same time.

Steve Minor

tmc3c

Steve I to though of that but what about the end of the kickstand in the up position extending out past the end of swingarm? Could catch your boot in a berm or get caught in the woods.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

Steve I to though of that but what about the end of the kickstand in the up position extending out past the end of swingarm? Could catch your boot in a berm or get caught in the woods.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler