Bing 54 carburetor

Started by Andreas Piepke, September 05, 2014, 04:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas Piepke

Hi All,

I am trying to locate a needle for my Bing 54 carburetor. The carburetor has model number 2/36/102 stamped into its body and is for a 1973 Penton 250 ccm. Al Buehner doesn't carry this item. I found a supplier in Germany but need the original Bing part number to identify the correct needle in their very large inventory. Can anybody help with this info?

Thanks

Andreas
\\\'73 Penton Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 Norton Commando
\\\'77 Maico 440 GS

brian kirby

//www.bingcarburetor.com

They are the official Bing distributor for the US. Give them the number on the body of the carb and they can get you the correct part.

Brian
Brian

Andreas Piepke

Thanks Brian. I have already asked them. The answer is slow in coming so I am looking at plan B here. Knowing the original Bing part number is useful anyway (and probably not only for me) as a wider variety of suppliers becomes available. Who knows maybe Bing USA will come back to me eventually.

Thanks again!

Andreas
\\\'73 Norton Commando
\\\'77 Maico 440 GS

brian kirby

Did you call them? I've ordered lots of parts from them and have never had any trouble, even the aftermarket model 84 on my 100, they look up the number and tell me right away what it came with.

Brian
Brian

brian kirby

Also, it should be the same needle as later year 250s.

Brian
Brian

Gordon Brennan

I just placed an order with them today and they are always quick to get back to me, and always quick on shipping. They will also have the correct part number for you.
If you need the email address to get straight through to the parts guy, email me.
[email protected]

Andreas Piepke

Hi All,

So the order through Bing USA did work out after all. It just took a little longer than initially anticipated (maybe because of the weekend). My Bing 54 (2/36/102) carburetor needs a #46-281 needle which they have in stock.

Thanks for your input

Andreas
\\\'73 Norton Commando
\\\'77 Maico 440 GS