Zink Motorsport Museum open for ISDTRR

Started by Jeff D, October 01, 2014, 08:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D

Received word from Dave McC that the John Zink Motorsport Museum will be open on Friday, August 24th from noon until 1500.  If you are an early arrival at the Ranch, this is a rare opportunity to see some of the John Zink sponsored Indy and Baja machinery as well as 1994 ISDE memorabilia including the bikes of top American Ty Davis and overall winner Stephane Peterhansel.  Again, Friday only from noon until 3pm if you're at the Rancho!  Thanks, Dave, for setting this up.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,

Just a quick note to confirm what Jeff said about the Zink Museum on the ranch property being open on Fri Oct. 24th from noon to 3pm for those who arrive early and want to check it out. Back in 2012 we were not able to offer the museum tour like in past years of 2004 and 2008 because it was undergoing a renovation during the event. Now that its finished, there are a lot of very interesting displays documenting the history of the Zink family, Zink Corporation and the history of the ranch itself. There are some very cool vehicles in the museum too and it is well worth the hour or so it takes to walk through and check out all the exhibits. I can also say that the 1994 winning bike of Stephan Peterhansel and top American rider Ty Davis are still on the ranch property and I'm working with the good folks out at the ranch to display the bikes during the weekend. No guarantees but I'll do my best to make that happen.

Dave McC

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,

Just a quick note to confirm what Jeff said about the Zink Museum on the ranch property being open on Fri Oct. 24th from noon to 3pm for those who arrive early and want to check it out. Back in 2012 we were not able to offer the museum tour like in past years of 2004 and 2008 because it was undergoing a renovation during the event. Now that its finished, there are a lot of very interesting displays documenting the history of the Zink family, Zink Corporation and the history of the ranch itself. There are some very cool vehicles in the museum too and it is well worth the hour or so it takes to walk through and check out all the exhibits. I can also say that the 1994 winning bike of Stephan Peterhansel and top American rider Ty Davis are still on the ranch property and I'm working with the good folks out at the ranch to display the bikes during the weekend. No guarantees but I'll do my best to make that happen.

Dave McC

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
Just a quick update to say that I got confirmation yesterday from the ranch foreman that the 1994 ISDE winning bike of Stephan Peterhansel and top US rider Ty Davis will be on display at the Zink Museum on Friday the 24th. See you all next week !!
Dave McCullough