hello from new guy. '90 ktm600 DXC? blue ktm oval?

Started by 2008ktmGS6, October 30, 2014, 11:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2008ktmGS6

Hi Everybody,

my name is Jason. thanks for having me at the forum.

I dont have a Penton, but I love the Penton legacy. I'm trying to build a tribute bike out of my 2008 KTM. I'm using 1977 PENTON/KTM GS6 graphics as an inspiration. i'll be sure to post some pictures when i'm done.

What's the best way to inlay the blue oval KTM on the Penton engine cases?
I want to inlay my RC-4, or possibly even CNC out an oval and tack in a laser-cut KTM and then inlay the blue like a vintage penton case. Opinions? do you think powdercoating could do an inlay?

Also, A friend just bought a 1990 KTM D-XC 600. There's almost no info on these bikes on the internet. He wants to re-create a rally bike/desert racer out of it. Did any of you guys race these back then or have some photos of the 600's in competition?

i'm wondering if any of you guys know people, who know people who might know about these LC-4 600cc D-XC motorcycles and possibly some contacts for discussion groups.

Kindest regards,
Jason, ypsilanti MI

Paul Danik

Hello Jason, and welcome to the Penton Owners Group message board family.

Your idea of building a Penton tribute bike is very interesting and commendable. I am sure it will generate some interesting and enjoyable conversations as well as bringing the Penton story to the younger generation, which is part of what the Penton Owners Group is all about.

Most of the racers/riders on this forum had their moment in the sun before the 1990s, possibly some of the folks on the KTM talk website could help with some of your questions on the LC-4.

http://www.ktmtalk.com/

But I must add that a few of the guys on this forum are very much involved with KTM and possibly they will chime in.

Have you read the John Penton book or seen the John Penton movie?

Thanks for your interest and enthusiasm,
Paul