2014 ISDE

Started by skiracer, October 30, 2014, 07:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

Dale - thanks for the updates and insights.  The cynical part of me wants to think that THIS ISDE (Argentina) was our best chance to win the WT with the western landscape and riders like Roberts and Brown on our team.  Ironically - it was Roberts that dropped the nine minutes that we couldn't pull all the way back. We needed a Day 6 French team DNF to win overall.  Heck - our team did about as good as a team can do on Day 6, but it didn't matter.

Like I said - the cynical part of me.  Here's the optimist part of me - we have developed a great team and we have great guys in the flanks that will move up to WT (like our 1st place JWT!!!). France will remain strong - their JWT team results speak to that.  But we are going to win this WT once and for all.  I am now convinced of this.  Where is Italy? Finland? I think it's between us and the French and and...they are gonna go down, baby!  

Congrats to our WT and JWT team efforts.  Congrats to Cory and and club efforts.  Huge.  Again - we have got some deep, deep strength in ole Team USA now.  We're gonna bring home The Cup.  For Kurt.  And Jeff Fredette.  And the Penton family.  And Malcolm Smith. And on and on I could go with the great names that tried and come up short against huge odds.

Okay - off my soapbox.  Gotta go watch MotoGP!!

brian kirby

Italy, Britain and Finland didnt send teams to Argentina because of the logistics.

Brian
Brian

rd400pi

Brian,
  That may be true but, let's give some credit to TooClose for the motivational speech.  While nothing will match the speech given in Animal House when they are about to be kicked off campus, I still felt the passion TooClose was putting out there.  These riders are all massively talented and to quote Shane Watts, "They have mad skills mate!"  Enough motivation perhaps for Mr. SixDays to keep going?  Can't end this thing on a DNF!!

Cheers,
     Mike H.

brian kirby

I only mentioned it because he asked "Where is Italy? Finland?". :D

Brian
Brian

tooclose racing

Hey - I appreciate Brian's fact check, and had no idea.  There ARE a lot of challenges to this Six Day "business" (as Gary E pointed out), and maybe we just have a lot of it figured out these days.

Can't wait for Slovakia.  Mud? Roots? Rocks?  We can do that too.