MC5 clutch actating assmbly bearing

Started by Bill Campbell, September 26, 2020, 09:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Campbell

Does anybody have a spare small 7 1/8 inch caged bearing that goes in the clutch actuating mechanism? The part number is 54 32 033 000 in Al's catalogue but he is sold out.If not is there another way around the lack of bearing problem as I would prefer to use the MC5 assembly. I have some very poor first generation ones that also would require re machining. Cheers and stay safe over there. Bill

KJDonovan

Bill,

Not specifically what you are looking for, but on the Sachs 100/125 layshaft there is a similar bearing part number 0686-209-000.  I don't know the exact size of this item, but it's probably worth looking into as it may be the same size as the one you are looking for.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

Bill Campbell

Thanks for the suggestion Kevin. It looks a bit too big in my parts catalogue and it is for the two plates so I am not confident. Can anybody else shed some light?
Bill

Carl Hill

I had the one you are talking about in my 78-250. It flew apart many years ago and those tiny bearings wedged between the basket and primary gear bringing me to an abrupt halt. I ended up putting the older style push rods and pressure plate in it.

DKWRACER

Bill, I may have the bearing and the rod, email:[email protected] for pics etc.

Thomas Brosius
Thomas Brosius

Bill Campbell

Hi Guys, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. i found some at abecoandsons2011 on ebay. I have a spare as well now. Bill