Started by desmond197, October 07, 2012, 05:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmond197

Sorry I did nto see repost from the For Sale pages

Kip Kern

Steve

Contact Kevin Grimes ([email protected]), he would know

desmond197

I have a 1970 Husky 360but do not have an Ariel. Too bad I just launched a new business or I would buy it.

Kevin Grimes

Guys, I've been asked to comment on the validity of the John Penton ISDT bike currently on e bay. Based on my information which includes documents and photographs of the actual bike, the answer is NO, it is not Mr.Penton's 350 ISDT bike.

checkcrew

Kevin,

do you think it was one of the team bikes for that event or a restored bike made to look as such ?

with the bidding over $15K and the seller's statement of it being the real deal, someone might be very dissapointed [:0]

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Larry Perkins

If the bike came into the States through Edison Dye, and I assume it would have, you would think the info would be correct because Don who is the broker on eBay was very tight with Edison and has a lot of Original paperwork from those days.

Kevin Grimes

Guys, Don and I had a long talk and looked at the paperwork and agreed that this bike was probably a support bike from the 6-Days. It is not J.P.'s mount from the race. However the e bay bike for sale was imported at the request of Mr. Penton.
 All of the team bikes were taken back to the factory after the race, refurbished and offered to the riders at a 30% discount from the new price.
 This bike was offered to J.P. at cost.
 Hope that clears up the mystery.

seanguthrie

I'm following that auction and amazed it's close to surpassing 20k!

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

desmond197

What changes did John make to these Husky 360's. I heard that he put a high compression head from the 360 MX on and re did the jetting. Any photos of John riding one of these bikes.

Kevin Grimes

Guys, These ISDT Husqvarnas were special built one off factory bikes for the Six Days. They incoporated a MX frame "better handling" and among other things a Sportsman quick change rear hub.
These bikes were picked up by the team upon arrival in Spain.

Dale Fisher

It's back and now with a copy of The John Penton movie included ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-360-Sportsman-NO-RESERVE-John-Pentons-at-the-1970-ISDT-Spain-/111530290948?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19f7b92f04&item=111530290948&pt=US_motorcycles

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher