Thanks POGGERS at Mid Ohio

Started by tlanders, July 23, 2002, 12:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

I want to thank all the POGGERS that helped me get my Mint 400 running for the first time this last weekend. Especially I want to thank Scott Brogan who stayed with me until around midnight Saturday night helping with last minute things like pulling the pipe and retorquing the head, and JB welding a stripped out bolt hole in the carb to hold the top on. Also Kent Knudsen (sp?), Kevin Brown and Al Buehner were ALWAYS willing to help with parts and information. I was having a hard time getting the carb set up right. The engine was an ebay junker with corroded cases etc. and a totally worn out carb. I rebuilt the engine and carb after getting parts from AL, piston from Bobby Lucas and too many more to mention. Didn't get a chance to put in fork seals and rear wheel bearings (it needed both!!) and the front wheel was laced wrong and crooked, but that didn't stop my new Mint 400 from getting a hole shot the next day and literally running away from the rest of the crowd. A picture of it is on the Yahoo Vinduro group website. http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/vinduro/vwp?.dir=/Mid+Ohio+Photos&.src=gr&.dnm=Ted+Landers+Winning+Penton+400.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.groups.yahoo.com/group/vinduro/lst%3f%26.dir=/Mid%2bOhio%2bPhotos%26.src=gr%26.view=t
I'm not sure if that will work. It's under Photos, mid ohio.

Again thanks to everyone and also to Mark Annan who helped me break camp in the 100 degree weather.

Teddy

tlanders

PS It looks like the URL works. That's Scott Brogan in the red shirt, Al Born in the white shirt under the ezup and I am under the easy up sitting down with no shirt on. Teddy

desmond197

Thanks Ted for the use of the 27mm wrench to help take apart my $25.00 DKW Hornet so I could get it in the car.

scott brogan

Thanks Teddy for wining your class. It made the late night thrashing well worth it. It was a hoot. And thanks Rosemary for feeding us sun. [hot but very good]. And thanks to all my fellow POGGER'S. Sorry I missed tear down sun afternoon, but someone told me that we had to wait till 3 0'clock. I got there at 20 after and the place was deaserted. You guys are sure fast!!! [Thanks to Al and Ollie for the guarding job] Hope to see you all at the reunion in oct.