Wanted - Ceriani leading axle lower legs

Started by tooclose racing, April 21, 2015, 12:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

I thought that I mailed a set of perfectly fine leading axle 35mm Cerianis that originally came on my 76 MC5 250 (I moved up to 38s on that  bike...) to Mr. Ellis for our MC5 175 project.

Well...Gary has informed me that the axle pinch bolt housings on both legs are cracked.  And  - a word to the wise - it was probably my fault due to using my cordless driver (carelessly...)

He's looking into finding someone in his 'hood that can do mag weld repair, but I told him that I would check on the site and see anyone has a pair of good Ceriani lowers.  

I know - slim and none.  But it's worth asking.  I'm probably NOT interested in a complete set of the these forks, but try me if you have some.

Gary has some leading axle 35 mm Zokes laying around that we can use if we need to. If those are the way to go, tell me why and we'll keep moving forward.

Thanks,

TooClose

Daniel P. McEntee

I'm just two days away from changing jobs and will be losing my daily access to a TIG welder, or I could get them fixed for you. After 19 years stuck on second shift I have finally secured a day shift job! The down side is the new position doesn't have a TIG welder , yet. I have rod, which it seems to me is the hard part of the process. I am also looking into finding another source to borrow equipment when needed, and looking into getting my own. I have repaired a couple of sets of Ceriani and Marzochi fork legs and I think I know where they are cracked at. Simple repair. If something pops and I think I can do them in a reasonable amount of time I will get back to you. Just gotta finish jumping through all the hoops to leave one job and start up at another first.
  Good luck and I'll be watching,
  Dan McEntee

tooclose racing

Thanks for the offer/thoughts, Dan. Gary also has the Mag weld rod (or whatever material is it), which is apparently half the battle.

If/when you get set up, Gary may have a small inventory for you to work thru. [8)]