Gas tank for a 1979 ktm 250?

Started by csteinbach, July 23, 2002, 08:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csteinbach

Hello and thanks for the space.
 This is my first ktm so please humor me. I need a motocross tank to replace the enduro style tank on my 1979 ktm 250. Is there a difference? Please let me know if one is for sale or any leads. Thanks, Carl

Jeff Reid

I would be interested in your enduro tank if you don't need it. I could be wrong but I thought all the tanks were the same for that year. I just picked up a 1980 420 and I need all the plastic for it. It has the GS type fender subframe and I'd like to keep it in Enduro trim so I would need the fender with the taillight mounting area.
Thanks,
Jeff Reid

Jeff Reid

csteinbach

Quotequote:
I would be interested in your enduro tank if you don't need it. I could be wrong but I thought all the tanks were the same for that year. I just picked up a 1980 420 and I need all the plastic for it. It has the GS type fender subframe and I'd like to keep it in Enduro trim so I would need the fender with the taillight mounting area.
Thanks,
Jeff Reid

csteinbach

Hi Jeff,
  Here is my email address if still interested in the enduro tank. [email protected]  I haven't quite figured this posting system out yet as you can tell. Please let me know if this message go through ok. Thanks, Carl

Dave Withrow

Hi Carl,
    I have a '79 KTM tank in pretty good condition other than it has no petcock.  I believe it is off a 420.  If you want I can e-mail a pic so you can see if it is what you need.

fzrr750

Carl, hello. I have a 79 KTM 250MX. My bike came new with an Acerbis plastic tank as did some others also. Does your bike have the aluminum swingarm and no side stand?  This is what mine has. The enduro model had a side stand and all most all of them had steel swingarms. There is a lot of confusion on the later KTM models also. Look up a website called KTM years 70's. I cannot remember the //www.com site but do a serch on KTM 70's and you will find it. Lots os photos of all years from the 70's. Your model will be there and you can see what the tanks (correct tanks) should look like. I had serched for a long time trying to find my bike on the 'net as I could not find anybody who know what I had. The Penton site here has helped me out. Dr2stroke can help also. He has lots of parts for all years. I have ordered from him. You can find him here on the Penton site.

Good luck, Carl.     Ed T.

71 Suzuki TM400,72 Suzuki TS400 Desert racer,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.
71 Suzuki TM400,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX,89 KTM 250EXC, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.

Mike Lenz

Jeff, e-mail me at [email protected] I have some of what you need.